Keith Jackson Discusses Rangers Collapse at 2015 Money in Sport Conference

Also said we deserved to be sent to the bottom division for sporting integrity reasons and that it was understandable the way other clubs treated us.

He & many,many others are going to look rather stupid if/when Whyte gets done for a fraudulent takeover. A club being the victim of a crime is punished ? Is that sporting integrity?

Now Paul Murray is a director again he should be seeking discussions with the SPL club chairmen who took the decision to chuck Rangers out the SPL. On what basis did they reach their decision? Killie abstained if you recall.

I suspect they took their decision based on the EBT tax nonsense. PM should endeavour to find out

He & many,many others are going to look rather stupid if/when Whyte gets done for a fraudulent takeover. A club being the victim of a crime is punished ? Is that sporting integrity?

Now Paul Murray is a director again he should be seeking discussions with the SPL club chairmen who took the decision to chuck Rangers out the SPL. On what basis did they reach their decision? Killie abstained if you recall.

I suspect they took their decision based on the EBT tax nonsense. PM should endeavour to find out

It was even worse - he actually said we had been the victims of a fraudulent takeover and then went on to say that the wounds were self inflicted and sporting integrity meant we should have been demoted to the bottom tier. My laptop screen has a crack in it. I don't think these things are unrelated.

It wasn't the EBT case which made them reach their decision. It was far worse than that. They reached their decision based on the emotional blackmail of their own fans.

They canvassed their own fans (after Celtic fans threatened a boycott of all other clubs if they voted to retain us) and their own fans said they would return en masse if they booted us out. So they booted us out. The ONLY chairman who made the appropriate decision based on his fiduciary duty to his shareholders was Michael Johnston at Killie. The rest ignored from their legal responsibilities but will hide behind the "we thought our fans would bring in more income than Rangers fans" - that is the issue with proving breach of fiduciary duty - it is very hard to actually determine that it was done.

It wasn't the EBT case which made them reach their decision. It was far worse than that. They reached their decision based on the emotional blackmail of their own fans.

They canvassed their own fans (after Celtic fans threatened a boycott of all other clubs if they voted to retain us) and their own fans said they would return en masse if they booted us out. So they booted us out. The ONLY chairman who made the appropriate decision based on his fiduciary duty to his shareholders was Michael Johnston at Killie. The rest ignored from their legal responsibilities but will hide behind the "we thought our fans would bring in more income than Rangers fans" - that is the issue with proving breach of fiduciary duty - it is very hard to actually determine that it was done.

Clubs were being blackmailed by their fans over our alleged debts, the bulk of which was the EBT tax bill. We were supposed to have used players we couldn't otherwise have afforded as a result of these debts.They deliberately overlooked that administration/liquidation was solely due to Whyte not paying over PAYE/NI to HMRC who sought a winding up order as a result

But that came crashing down on the afternoon of Tuesday 20th November 2012 when the FTTT ruled in Rangers favour. Subsequently the UTTT did likewise and we now await HMRC wasting more taxpayers money when it gets embarrassed in the courts.

The Celt@c-controlled SPL & SFA sought to have these EBT's declared illegal side contracts but LNS booted that out with his 'no sporting advantage' judgement.It was one club's crude attempt to get titles & trophies stripped from its more successful rival.

I ask again on what basis did these club chairmen reach their decision to be allowed to remove Rangers from the SPL ? If they really did canvass their supporters (and I seriously doubt many did to any great extent) what evidence did they get to reach their decision? Were their fans all tax & debt experts? If so I'd suggest them to be pretty incompetent.

I've long since suspected our removal from the SPL was Liewell's ultimate aim to allow Celt@c a virtual free run at the CL revenue every year. No SPL club would dare back Rangers for fear of a boycott from the green-n-grey hooped hordes when they visited.Rangers got voted out and winning the title has been like shooting fish in a barrel every year for Celt@c.

But I've always believed there was a master plan designed to financially cripple using influences in both HMRC and LBG.We all know who it was & his links to the East End.Later this year Whyte & others will stand trial for fraud. It has to be hoped that SDM has to take the stand and 'tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.' I don't believe for one minute he was duped.I want to know just how whyte got Rangers and if SDM was forced to sell,by whom & for what reasons.

Much later when HMRC finally admit defeat in the EBT case we may get the truth about that too.SDM for one owes us that by pursuing HMRC to establish the origins behind this so riddled with holes it cannot even win its own internal tribunals.

Edited by RANGERRAB

Clubs were being blackmailed by their fans over our alleged debts, the bulk of which was the EBT tax bill. We were supposed to have used players we couldn't otherwise have afforded as a result of these debts.They deliberately overlooked that administration/liquidation was solely due to Whyte not paying over PAYE/NI to HMRC who sought a winding up order as a result

But that came crashing down on the afternoon of Tuesday 20th November 2012 when the FTTT ruled in Rangers favour. Subsequently the UTTT did likewise and we now await HMRC wasting more taxpayers money when it gets embarrassed in the courts.

The Celt@c-controlled SPL & SFA sought to have these EBT's declared illegal side contracts but LNS booted that out with his 'no sporting advantage' judgement.It was one club's crude attempt to get titles & trophies stripped from its more successful rival.

I ask again on what basis did these club chairmen reach their decision to be allowed to remove Rangers from the SPL ? If they really did canvass their supporters (and I seriously doubt many did to any great extent) what evidence did they get to reach their decision? Were their fans all tax & debt experts? If so I'd suggest them to be pretty incompetent.

I've long since suspected our removal from the SPL was Liewell's ultimate aim to allow Celt@c a virtual free run at the CL revenue every year. No SPL club would dare back Rangers for fear of a boycott from the green-n-grey hooped hordes when they visited.Rangers got voted out and winning the title has been like shooting fish in a barrel every year for Celt@c.

But I've always believed there was a master plan designed to financially cripple using influences in both HMRC and LBG.We all know who it was & his links to the East End.Later this year Whyte & others will stand trial for fraud. It has to be hoped that SDM has to take the stand and 'tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.' I don't believe for one minute he was duped.I want to know just how whyte got Rangers and if SDM was forced to sell,by whom & for what reasons.

Much later when HMRC finally admit defeat in the EBT case we may get the truth about that too.SDM for one owes us that by pursuing HMRC to establish the origins behind this so riddled with holes it cannot even win its own I ternal tribunals.

I think you are naïve if you actually believe that the other fans clubs were blackmailing them over the EBT case or the debt in general. Sure, they hid behind that but the over-arching factor in all of this was jealousy. The debts and EBT case were a convenient lightning rod but rest assured it was jealousy more than any sense of over-extension of debt. They would have used whatever excuse they could attach themselves to.

By the way, just because we won the EBT case doesn't render HMRC "incompetent" (which is what you allude to in your 4th paragraph). UK tax legislation is interpretational in certain areas. This was clearly one such area. They took a view of the legislation whilst we took a successful alternative view. Doesn't make them incompetent no matter how many times we say it.

I don't now, nor have I ever bought into your conspiracist theory around HMRC or LBG. So suffice to say I agree to disagree on that one.

In the forth paragraph Craig I am referring to the clubs' supporters not HMRC.

We will need to disagree about outside influence in all of this and I never mentioned the ridiculously named FARE organisation with their listening devices at Rangers European home games at the time.I would say however I have all the stories about who were involved and these haven't just come from Rangers supporters.I do wonder if the Labour party's imminent collapse in Scotland at the forthcoming General Election is linked in any way.

Edited by RANGERRAB