RST Statement on Sectarian Language

People in glass houses and all that.

Once we eradicate unacceptbale behaviour from our ranks we can take the moral high ground.

Do you think the SFA, going by past attitudes and behaviour towards Rangers, would care whether you had the moral high ground or not?

I'm not saying that we should not clean up our own act, but we should do it for ourselves and our own standards, not to satisfy such a corrupt body as the SFA.

Do you think the SFA, going by past attitudes and behaviour towards Rangers, would care whether you had the moral high ground or not?

I'm not saying that we should not clean up our own act, but we should do it for ourselves and our own standards, not to satisfy such a corrupt body as the SFA.

I agree with you about high standards and wasn't suggesting otherwise.

Rangers Football Club and its supporters should always maintain the highest standards of behaviour on and off the field of play.

Listening to the bile from a small but very vocal group that surrounded me at Easter Road made me sick, it didn't make me proud to be a Rangers fan.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

It's quite simple - the Billy Boys will never go away as long as the double standard exists.

We've tried for ten years to remove the song and I think we've actually been very successful as it's not often you hear it anywhere. The only time and reason it creeps back now and again is when the double standard issue is prevalent.

Generally speaking we have got/did get our house in order. However others did not, were not pressured to and their offensive songs remained. That's why we've went backwards and the RST are 100% correct in detailing that in their statement.

It's quite simple - the Billy Boys will never go away as long as the double standard exists.

We've tried for ten years to remove the song and I think we've actually been very successful as it's not often you hear it anywhere. The only time and reason it creeps back now and again is when the double standard issue is prevalent.

Generally speaking we have got/did get our house in order. However others did not, were not pressured to and their offensive songs remained. That's why we've went backwards and the RST are 100% correct in detailing that in their statement.

Our opponents in this on going debate are ahead of the curve. They have completed the above analysis stated by yourself. How many times have the Green Brigade been banned at ra Stydome? A solution was sought and given by the Lord Advocate and Justice Minister. They know we will scream injustice over the continuing and again, increasing usage of the H term. The frustration will be vented in indiscipline on our part and the chorus of 'whataboutery' will rise.

In debate, if you accept the terms and terminology of your opponent, you have lost. We are being told we are the problem, if we accept that position, they will continue to wield the stick. As stated, the John Guidetti incident has seen ra Sellik adopt a most contorted position. They banned any employee using the term 15 years past and threaten discipline upon any employee using it; however, are prepared to defend Guidetti for that very indiscipline. Hhmmm!

They are in the right, they might tut tut at some things, but will support their own no matter what.

We are brought up to think reconciliation, they don't know the meaning of the word.

I wonder where that mind-set came from ?

The club needs to get involved in this,they need to make a statement warning our fans again but also defending our fans at the same time

Agree the club needs to be making strong statements but also seen to be taking strong decisive actions against our fans/players or whomever that breaks the rules.

It would give the club and the fans the moral high ground, right now we are in an embarrassing position

This is spot on.

And while this unequal treatment continues we must keep on speaking out

Of course Rangers fans are trying to eradicate songs from fans and as far as I know we are doing a reasonable job in addressing that,although it still needs to improve,however the statement released by the RST addresses the issue head on regarding Celtic as a club are defending sectarian singing,which is actually the point the statement was released.

Nah, sorry Ian, but it most definitely HAS crept back into the repertoire - was disappointed to see it in action at both the QotS and Livvy games when I was home.

The RST statement is a very good statement - but they also need to condemn the actions closer to home, otherwise it will be seen as petty point-scoring. You know what they say... point a finger at someone and three will be pointing right back at you - we need to prevent the three pointing back at us by being pro-active.