Rangers finances 'not the worst' but failure to win promotion 'would be horrendous'..

We have had three years of this now,we will cope whatever happens.

The rest?Feck them, I couldnt care less.

I wont give any of them another penny, ever.

We need our domestic game to thrive if we are to ever recover and do well in Europe. Do you think we have really coped these past 3 years? Not sure if being on life support is really coping. Constant emergency loans just to survive another month, mortgaging off all our revenue streams, a huge string of embarrassing results and unwatchable football. Boards who hated the fans, fans who hated the boards (quite rightly) and each other with contempt.

It looks like we're going to have pretty limited money under the new regime and this means two things, we need to put an intelligent, strategic plan in place to act like a proper football club, with the correct investment in our infrastructure, and we also require healthy competition and other clubs to develop decent players. We're not going to be able to throw money at players we can't afford anymore. As a bare minimum we need a strong Celtic to compete with as recent history shows that all the old firm tend to aim for is to be 1 point (or even goal) better than the other.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Were they not the ones that abstained on a vote when everyone else voted against us? I'd say they were one of the clubs who don't hate us.

At the Club level yes.

At the supporter level ? They hated Johnston for making the decision he did. Their fans wanted the Club to vote to kick us out the SPL. They were the only Club who didn't listen to their fans, and were right not to do so.

As Limeburner says, Killie fans hate us, more than they dislike Celtic - goes back to the Tommy Burns years.

As Limeburner says, Killie fans hate us, more than they dislike Celtic - goes back to the Tommy Burns years.

Really? Even after all the problems they've had with Celtic fans with their stadium being smashed up and old ladies being assaulted?

They hate us.With a passion, previously unbeknown to man.

I live the life with them,most of them are friends.

However, when it comes to fitba,well enough said.

Why is this, and upon what is their hatred based?

Is it a religious based hatred, an envy of our success based hatred, or perhaps that we continually buy their best players? Is it the club or the supporters of Rangers whom they hate?

The whole SPL saga still reminds of Braveheart, William Wallace and Edward's deals with the Scottish clan lords. As soon as they smelled a chance for their own gain, they bit Wallace in the a*se, only to remain firmly under the thumb of the Anglo-Norman king. And when the state of affairs turn sour, the blame obviously lies with Wallace ... already kicked and mugged.

Anyway, it still remains unanswered how much another year in the Championship would "cost" or whether it would be "horrendous" for us. Maybe I am mistaken, but the Sky/BT deals are for another 2 or 3 years anyway, no matter whether we'll be there or not. Given the attraction of the Premiership, which multi-million (multi starts with more than 1 million) pound sponsorship deal might be on the horizon to save Scottish football then? How much of the deals do we get these days, how much might we get next season?

As for the advocates of the health of the Scottish game, really? I mean, really? We should be looking at the health of the Scottish game now after 10 out of 11 SPL clubs and their combined fan-hood gave the proverbial flying thing about the health of the Scottish game and its finances in 2012? While the very same people still gleefully give us their hate and sing about us being Rangers no more? After the blue pound did more to the tier 4 and tier 3 teams' finances than probably 20 years of the authorities' financing ever managed?

IMHO, Rangers FC should first and foremost look after Rangers FC, in whatever environment we are in. At least for the time being. That, and only that might bring these clubs and their supporters to their senses (even though I do not expect that, TBH).

Really? Even after all the problems they've had with Celtic fans with their stadium being smashed up and old ladies being assaulted?

My mate's whole family are Killie fans and they hate Celtic at least as much as us.

I think the only real difference is that there's been a convenient stick for them to beat us with recently. The notion that Celtic fans put about of them being the goodies and us the baddies is met with derision by the majority of non-old-firm fans. In fact, I think we get a bit of credit with them for not claiming to be BFITW, darlings of European football, and all that nonsense.

Yep. I found it surprising too. I lived in Killie for a few years and it always confused me how they somehow seem to still have an affinity with Celtic and a hatred of us - as I said, they did worship Burns when he was there as both player and manager, so I always related it to that.

Yep. I found it surprising too. I lived in Killie for a few years and it always confused me how they somehow seem to still have an affinity with Celtic and a hatred of us - as I said, they did worship Burns when he was there as both player and manager, so I always related it to that.

you would have thought they would have worshiped Willie Waddell, who took then to the title in 1964/65