Why the Billy Boys will never surrender

Todays children.

I took the grandkids down to the park after school for a kick-about a week ago last Friday, there were other kids already playing there with a smattering of uninterested grandpas and grannies sitting about on the very limited park benches available.

Eventually all the kids had a game together with me acting as ref. The ages ranged from about 5 to 12. After the game I took it upon myself to entertain the youngsters quizzing them on 'nicknames' for football clubs mainly English clubs because I knew most of them.

After exhausting that part I moved on to Scottish clubs Alloa, Wasps - Queens Park, Spiders etc etc...

There was one wee 9 year old guy wearing a Celtic top who didn't know his own teams nickname, I told him it was the 'The Bhoys' - he appeared to look blank and none the wiser, when I asked what Rangers nickname was, he quickly and enthusiastically replied 'The H*ns'

I said to my kids "Right boys, we have to go now"

Todays children.

I took the grandkids down to the park after school for a kick-about a week ago last Friday, there were other kids already playing there with a smattering of uninterested grandpas and grannies sitting about on the very limited park benches available.

Eventually all the kids had a game together with me acting as ref. The ages ranged from about 5 to 12. After the game I took it upon myself to entertain the youngsters quizzing them on 'nicknames' for football clubs mainly English clubs because I knew most of them.

After exhausting that part I moved on to Scottish clubs Alloa, Wasps - Queens Park, Spiders etc etc...

There was one wee 9 year old guy wearing a Celtic top who didn't know his own teams nickname, I told him it was the 'The Bhoys' - he appeared to look blank and none the wiser, when I asked what Rangers nickname was, he quickly and enthusiastically replied 'The H*ns'

I said to my kids "Right boys, we have to go now"

And there lies the problem with separate schooling in this country.......

Sick to death of the petty mindedness of all this giventhe greater issues in our dying game, nevermind wider society.

Honestly would like to see mandatory warnings for singing outside grounds for alleged "sectarian/wind-up/atmospheric" singing <delete as appropriate> before an arrest is made and simple ejection and 6 month bans from grounds for an initial offence.

If society is no longer willing to tolerate these songs, and I can see a rationale, that same society should at least be liberal and tolerant in the way it goes about eradicating these songs.

If you ask me the ones who are offended so easily by songs have some serious problems

Nobody is really offended though!,it's only another stick to beat Rangers with!,initiated by the BHEASTS.

it's a funny old society where a few insulting words or cartoons are deemed more socially unacceptable than a drink driver with the obvious "killer" Aspect that entails from such actions. och well what a great wee cuntry we are

Drink driving attracts a £400 fine and a year ban, sing the Billy Boys and receive 4 months in the pokey. Jim often reminded the Radio Snyde listenership that sectarianism was an issue of social responsibility. I would say that drink driving is too.

Anyways, any word on whether ra Sellik have decided to appeal Jim's conviction?

• 2 weeks later...

The Dutch government have started an investigation into anti-Semitic chants made by the Utrecht supporters aimed at the Ajax Supporters and players.

The words heard clearly were:

My Father was a commando

My mother was in the SS

Together they burnt Jews

Because Jews they burnt the best.

Ministers have also asked why the Referee never pulled the players from the field so the Utrecht club could ask for the chants to stop. Anti-Semitic chants are illegal in Holland.

Disgraceful stuff.... :(

This is where the grey area comes in. Where is the line on what is acceptable to prod your opponents with. Obviously many people still living today have lost dear ones to the SS or Gestapo so it is easy to draw a line there as you really are hurting a certain part of the community For me the word ****** is not really a derogatory word in itself but when you claim to be up to your knees in ****** blood it makes it a different story.