Resignation of auditors

Excuse my naivety but I don't understand this.

Why did Deloitte allow themselves to be associated with the club in public if they resign last June?

client confidentiality ?

Maybe it's up to the company to make the announcement

Excuse my naivety but I don't understand this.

Why did Deloitte allow themselves to be associated with the club in public if they resign last June?

They didn't resign in June.

‎I have been informed by Deloitte, the existing auditor, that they informed the previous Board of their intention to resign following the June 2014 audit.

They said that they would resign after the 2014 audit, which would presumably have been after the AGM in December 2014.

However the wording leaves it unclear as to whether they have actually formally resigned yet. Perhaps the formal resignation has not been completed yet.

Edited by Bluedell

If it hasn't been cm pelted why haven't they done this set of figures.

Because they have made the decision to resign. Once the decision has been made it's unlikely that they would want to do any further work outside of what they have previously committed to.

It's as clear as mud just like so many things which have happened over the past 3 to 4 years.

Maybe it's not such a bad thing at the end of the day though because the services of Deloitte certainly weren't coming cheaply.

Well it has opened all our eyes to the shenanigans that can go on .... in future we will be able to hold the office bearers to full account.

It still leaves a bad taste in the stomach and i hope some of the individuals are held fully to account.

We now need to get back to the top and find a way of successfully overcoming the financial disadvantages of Scottish football to be able to compete in Europe....Being Kings of Scottish football will never be enough in my book.

Well it has opened all our eyes to the shenanigans that can go on .... in future we will be able to hold the office bearers to full account.

It still leaves a bad taste in the stomach and i hope some of the individuals are held fully to account.

We now need to get back to the top and find a way of successfully overcoming the financial disadvantages of Scottish football to be able to compete in Europe....Being Kings of Scottish football will never be enough in my book.

Pretty much agree (though I remain unconvinced you can have a bad taste in your stomach). Unfortunately it's just something to add to the pile of evidence of incompetence or bent practice from the previous board .

It is difficult to escape the conclusion that they were not comfortable with the then directors assurances about the going concern basis and it is equally difficult to escape the conclusion that they were correct.

I believe I alluded to this likely outcome at the time.

I do not remember you alluding to that, was that when you were getting stuck in to men like Bennett, King and Murray? Or was it when you were supporting and voting for the lamb and the leech, hoping to keep them in position as directors to further shaft our football club and wreak even more havoc? I tried the search option but it was all over the place.

I am , however, not too unhappy that Deloitte LLP came to that conclusion, even though the non-declaration by the former directors poses another serious problem for our club. Because sadly, I reckon there will be much worse to follow when the full extent of the damage done by our former directors comes to light.