The Official Website

The main reason I started the youth blog all those years ago was the almost non existent coverage on the official site.

For sometime the official site have regularly used an edited version of my match reports. Where as I don't really mind anybody using anything I post on the blog, It would be common courtesy to let me know their intentions. Especially when not so long ago I received a threatening e-mail from the official club photographer wrongly accusing me of using one of his copyrighted photographs.

Taking in last night's Development League game under the heavy rain and floodlights the numbers on the St.Mirren strips were pretty difficult to make out. So when a Saints defender turned the ball into his own net I wasn't quite sure who had scored the OG. So just to see what would happen I credited the goal not to a Saints defender but to a regular follower of Rangers youths.

https://rfcyouths.wordpress.com/2015/03/30/development-league-win-in-paisley/

As you can see the "goalscorer" is not even listed in the St.Mirren squad. So I had a wee chuckle when I read the official match report today.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/galleries/item/8942-gallery-under-20s-defeat-saints

Well at least he now has documentary evidence from the official website that he "scored a goal for Rangers".

I have now clarified who actually scored that goal and will update the post later this week.

Not even the St. Mirren twitter nor their club site's own report mentions the scorer of the own goal, so I take it they weren't exactly sure either. So too was probably the club photographer who assumed that your usually accurate reports would provide the answer - for lack of better - if any - options. And you chose to take the mickey on purpose on a guy sitting in the rain next to you ... and come on here looking for exactly what?

Not even the St. Mirren twitter nor their club site's own report mentions the scorer of the own goal, so I take it they weren't exactly sure either. So too was probably the club photographer who assumed that your usually accurate reports would provide the answer - for lack of better - if any - options. And you chose to take the mickey on purpose on a guy sitting in the rain next to you ... and come on here looking for exactly what?

don't you get it? this is like the daily record running a story few weeks back without checking the facts. if the club photographer is lifting his reports direct from Elfideldo's blog at least he should have the decency to acknowledge it. now the guy just looks like a fanny...

I don't see why Rangers just can't either credit you with the information (with a small retainer)....

You do a brilliant job so if the club don't have the resources to cover the game themselves, just say so.

don't you get it? this is like the daily record running a story few weeks back without checking the facts. if the club photographer is lifting his reports direct from Elfideldo's blog at least he should have the decency to acknowledge it. now the guy just looks like a fanny...

The club photographer, for lack of any other source (as I pointed out), took to the only one available, the only one that regularly has up to date info on these games. Apparently in good faith into a trusted source. It is not him who regularly (?) lifts semi-edited reports for the club's homepage, but one of the editors of the latter. To compare DR smear stuff with either the editors or the photographer is stretching it. All it will do, should the club become aware of it, is that elfideldo's reports will be looked at more suspiciously and we may get info on games from the club's website later than usual (which is late enough) now. BTW, elfideldo might well have offered his reports to the club's website straight away, not least under the new regime. To make club employees (and/or freelancers) look like fannies will sure not help that.

NB: I do not condone snatching stuff from another website uncredited, BTW.

Edited by der Berliner

when you read that the club photographer was threatening Elfideldo for supposedly using one of hi photographs , he has hardly set an environment where sharing everything is the norm... and despite your nb condoning snatching of others web published work is exactly what you are doing in your reply..

when you read that the club photographer was threatening Elfideldo for supposedly using one of hi photographs , he has hardly set an environment where sharing everything is the norm... and despite your nb condoning snatching of others web published work is exactly what you are doing in your reply..

For it was an unecessary prank being played on Rangers? Was it the same photographer who "once" crossed elfideldo in a way freelancers do if they think their property has been used?