What a Relief - Rangers are Back

My little 9 year old nephew had got interested in supporting the Gers, a few season ago, right at the start of our troubles. He's not seen much good football recently then, but to see him smiling and bouncing yesterday was enjoyable for me, as i had been encouraging him. I told him "you aint seen nothing yet kid"

Hopefully in time i might be proven right?

We've been through too much to get carried away.

Yesterday was very good though, it felt like the 'old days' when we had something to get excited and nervous about. For too long going to Ibrox just has felt like a miserable duty that we get nothing back from

MON holds the record consecutive victories in the old firm. Eck did well with Advocaat's team but he was a disaster after that. Most of his signings were atrocious.

When we were 'downsizing' we were wasting fortunes on Mladenovic, Capucho, Emerson, Maniero, Ostenstad, Eggen etc.

My point was that we caught a Celtic side that were miles in front of us under Advocaat in no time at all. Not saying Ecks tenure was all glory and some of it was downright awful. Was merely pointing out that what appears a massive gap can, in this sport, be closed easily if you get some basics right.