The 3rd Semi Annual Gersnet Dinner with Guest, Rangers Historian, Robert McElroy

I know that BH was disappointed and a little embarrassed about the final numbers, but I had a thoroughly enjoyable and informative evening, as I think did all those who attended. Thanks and well done BH - it's far from easy to arrange these events at the best of times, but you did a sterling job in trying circumstances.

It was good to see some old faces again and to meet Simply the Best for the first time. Unlike certain ex-directors, he didn't turn up with any minders and he took the gentle ribbing about Charles Green in good humour. Top man.

The quality of food and service was excellent too. I'll admit I was a bit concerned beforehand about exactly what we'd get for £10 over 3 courses, but it was simply outstanding value.

We do seem to make life tough for our guest speakers though. This time, The Rangers Historian (who was excellent), had to put up with the noise of what sounded like a Hoover during his talk, but I suppose that's better than having to dodge the contents of an audience member's stomach...

So, those who didn't turn up missed out big style. Hopefully we can do it all again near Christmas with a bigger attendance and more certainty around dates in advance. I'd certainly go back to the venue again.

I think that's an accurate and helpful summary MB.

Personally I was disappointed that there appeared to have been a breakdown in communication between management and staff over the starters although they quickly over came that; and the dessert service was poor IMHO, I think they may have been defrosting the items, as unlike the rest of the food, I don't think they were freshly prepared.

However, there is no question that it was excellent value for money and at that price, I think it's churlish to be overly critical of some aspects.

I didn't turn up

I deserve to be scourged and given the jaggy bunnet

Schubert and Mozart got me instead....mind you with all that Kyrie elieson and gloria in exelcis deo might just have you wondering what side of the dyke I've jumped

fear not

We'll go next time providing BH doesn't chib us

( felt guilty all night to be honest)...........more timism

Edited by colinstein

• 2 weeks later...

Refunds were offered, accepted and paid to the two parties of 2 people who called off in good time ahead of the dinner.

As the restaurant did not charge for the late call offs, refunds were offered but declined by the three people who called off within 24 hours of the dinner after the final numbers had been given. All indicated that they had not expected refunds and asked that their monies be held in the kitty for the next dinner.

No refund was offered to the party of 2 who did not indicate non attendance until after the dinner commenced. The person in question indicated agreement with this decision and stated that he did not expect a refund.

Those in attendance at the dinner, did not feel it would have been fair to "drink" the monies of the those who did not attend as the numbers would have been disproportionate.

Therefore in effect we had a surplus equivalent to 5 tickets and some minor adjustments as set out below:

ACCOUNTS OF THE 3RD GERSNET DINNER

17-May-15

Received for 18 Dinner Tickets @£10.75 £193.50

Interest Received £0.01

£193.51

Less/Refunded for 4 Tickets -£42.75

£150.76

Paid for 10 Dinners (inc Speaker) @£9.95 -£99.50

Balance £51.26

Add/Surplus Drinks Money £5.00

£56.26

Less/Paid for Gift of Wine for Speaker* -£3.99

£52.27

Opening Balance £16.77

Add/Surplus of Income over Expenditure £52.27

Closing Balance £69.04

I will be sending the receipts and copy bank statement to BD to verify for Gersnet.

* Not as bad as it looks it was a decent bottle from Lidl!

Edited by BrahimHemdani