The 3rd Semi Annual Gersnet Dinner with Guest, Rangers Historian, Robert McElroy

Unfortunately, I can't make the event but hopefully everyone else can.

It's a pity the organisation of this dinner has been so problematic (despite the grand efforts of BH) with fixture changes and uncertainty being difficult to plan for.

I'm sure those that do attend will still have a great evening though and I heartily recommend the convivial atmosphere the previous events readily bring.

:brick: Desperate situations require desperate measures so I have roped in my son-in-law and his friend who say they will pay tomorrow.

On the other hand the RFB member (not FS) and wife who said they were coming has not responded to a follow up text and has not paid.

FS x2 and BD have both indicated they are hoping to attend but as yet are unpaid. One other Gersnet member asked for the bank details to pay but has also not responded to a follow up PM and has not paid.

Therefore, at this time we still only have 10 paid and 4/5 committed but not paid, plus the speaker i.e. 15/16.

This leaves us in a difficult situation with enough to go ahead but not enough to get the restaurant to ourselves; and that in turn puts the speach in jeopardy. SteveC kindly offered to let us use his payments x2 effectively to make up the numbers pro tem (but that would need to repaid with "free"places next time) and it has also been suggested that we might each pay a bit more in order effectively to buy the numbers up to 20. That would cost us about £2.50 - £3.33 each.

I am not attracted to either of these suggestions not least because the restaurant are doing the deal because they want bums on seats who are going to drink as well as eat.

So my plan at the moment is to run with the paid numbers as at KO time at Palmerston this Saturday and make the best arrangement that I can with the restaurant. The outcome may well be that we have a general Q&A with Robert rather than a set speach, so again any alternative topic suggestions will be welcome as standbys.

Better still would be that another 4/5 people sign up :flute::drum:

:brick: Desperate situations require desperate measures so I have roped in my son-in-law and his friend who say they will pay tomorrow.

On the other hand the RFB member (not FS) and wife who said they were coming has not responded to a follow up text and has not paid.

FS x2 and BD have both indicated they are hoping to attend but as yet are unpaid. One other Gersnet member asked for the bank details to pay but has also not responded to a follow up PM and has not paid.

Therefore, at this time we still only have 10 paid and 4/5 committed but not paid, plus the speaker i.e. 15/16.

This leaves us in a difficult situation with enough to go ahead but not enough to get the restaurant to ourselves; and that in turn puts the speach in jeopardy. SteveC kindly offered to let us use his payments x2 effectively to make up the numbers pro tem (but that would need to repaid with "free"places next time) and it has also been suggested that we might each pay a bit more in order effectively to buy the numbers up to 20. That would cost us about £2.50 - £3.33 each.

I am not attracted to either of these suggestions not least because the restaurant are doing the deal because they want bums on seats who are going to drink as well as eat.

So my plan at the moment is to run with the paid numbers as at KO time at Palmerston this Saturday and make the best arrangement that I can with the restaurant. The outcome may well be that we have a general Q&A with Robert rather than a set speach, so again any alternative topic suggestions will be welcome as standbys.

Better still would be that another 4/5 people sign up :flute::drum:

Well I wouldn't be a stickler for that if it was a problem. Lets park that till next time.

The problem with the bums on seats buying drink hadn't occurred to me. So here's my "gersnet challenge":

Get up to 19, have one of my bookings as a freebie and give my other booking to the restaurant as that booking's booze and forget all about next time. C'mon - you can do it!

Well I wouldn't be a stickler for that if it was a problem. Lets park that till next time.

The problem with the bums on seats buying drink hadn't occurred to me. So here's my "gersnet challenge":

Get up to 19, have one of my bookings as a freebie and give my other booking to the restaurant as that booking's booze and forget all about next time. C'mon - you can do it!

That is a very generous offer Steve but I'm not sure that you and your mate should pay for others who are either unable or simply not interested to attend.

That said I'll leave it on the table if I may till I see final paid numbers tomorrow and have a word the restaurant.

I hadn't responded before due to the dates not suiting me but I can go on 17th so will pay tonight.

Look forward to seeing you there, Christine.

Although we still only have 10 paid it would appear that there are now 5/6 committed but not paid, plus the speaker i.e. 16/17.