RANGERS launch an investigation after it emerged Mike Ashley now owns the club badges

Club Statement

IT WILL not become custom and practice for the Board of Rangers International Football Club to respond to every outbreak of media speculation regarding this Club ...

Got to agree with this, basically it sends a message 'watch your step'

Agree give Ashley his £5mil back problem solved.

This has to be the next move from the board, give him his money back and get him to f**k before yesterday.

DK and T3B's have the means when you look at their wealth, what's the delay? Maybe other skeletons in a complex cupboard to be revealed before the wait. What you think?

I'm not convinced paying back the loan would be the end of the matter.

A wounded beast is more dangerous. His whole modus operandi is about screwing every last dime out of everybody or everything, The only thing that stopped him getting full control were the SFA not allowing him to buy more shares, I don't really understand why he never got one of his bum boys to buy the shares and give them to him in a proxy.

It's an interest-free non time-sensitive loan, if what we hear is correct. What does that mean - we have years to pay it back?

We know from the company statement that the crests etc. are perfectly safe, so why bother rushing to pay him back?

£5M can buy us a couple of good players, and we'll need all of the money we can get.

More important is the fact that the conditions of Rangers Retail are not very favourable to us, and they may find more contracts like this, ergo the company may need some leverage.

It may not be a lot of money to some but any advantage will have to utilized against these people to return us to a healthy state.

Conversely, it may be to Rangers advantage to make use of SD's worldwide network of outlets.

Patience may turn out to be a virtue.

Solid statement and one that clears up some rather important facts about the modus operandi. Let's see how these talks with Sports Direct will go. But as we can see, the media (i.e. Mr. Jackson) has quickly moved on to a "new" topic of "public" interest.

Edited by der Berliner

This has to be the next move from the board, give him his money back and get him to f**k before yesterday.

DK and T3B's have the means when you look at their wealth, what's the delay? Maybe other skeletons in a complex cupboard to be revealed before the wait. What you think?

I think it's probably something like that but I hope when the board make their move it is decisive and telling

IS that because you doubt the Club Statement (which seems to say that it would be) or just because it is wise not to trust Ashley or??? ...

Edited by SteveC