Absolutely essential we get the right manager in for next season

It’s good to have honest opinions and it’s a shame we couldn’t reconcile one or two but the club is a very strong club and I’m sure it will go forward from here.’

Speaking to the BBC, he said: 'He (Benham) wants recruitment to be based more on mathematical modelling and statistics allied to normal scouting methods.

'Matthew's a very smart individual. His company is based on football analysis and data and we've used that over recent months. There will be more emphasis on that area.

'It's been very amicable but it's two different philosophies. He's the owner and that's the direction he wants to take the club in.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2958547/Brentford-manager-Mark-Warburton-says-clash-philosophies-owner-Matthew-Benham-reason-summer-exit.html#ixzz3X0p6zba8

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thats the main reason , anyone who thinks that football recruitement can go down the "moneyball" scenario is mental, it has nothing to do with a D of F , it was the type of D of F that worried him and to be honest these types of D of F are going to ruin football , many clubs have btried this and it simply cannot work , you cant base a football team on statistics

• 2 weeks later...

McCall is making the same mistakes McCoist did i.e.

- continuing to play McCulloch at CB

- continuing to play the ineffective Kenny Miller

- continuing to play just anout anyone at RB except someone who is a RB

- continuing to be unable to get more out of the strikers

He seems afraid of taking bold decisions to try & changes things which does not augur well for him staying on next season

Edited by RANGERRAB

the biggest concern is replacing the spfl rejects we have with new spfl rejects in some mistaken belief they are good enough.

first question i would ask any managerial candidate "do you think you can create a team good enough to grace the turf at Ibrox from spfl and league two/one out of contract players?"

if he answers yes i would say thanks but no thanks.

Edited by trublusince1982

the biggest concern is replacing the spfl rejects we have with new spfl rejects in some mistaken belief they are good enough.

first question i would ask any managerial candidate "do you think you can create a team good enough to grace the turf at Ibrox from spfl and league two/one out of contract players?"

if he answers yes i wouldnt say thanks but no thanks.

We need to completely clear everyone out apart from the youth. Get players, coaches and a manager who have experience playing in a far better standard like England or the continent. Start focusing on younger talent we can develop and sell for a profit. Can you imagine if by some fluke we got into Europe in the not too distant future? That doesn't bear thinking about. It would be a good start if we get some scouts in - everything seems very quiet from the board. What are their plans? What are they doing? Porto have 300 scouts, we have none.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

We need to completely clear everyone out apart from the youth. Get players, coaches and a manager who have experience playing in a far better standard like England or the continent. Start focusing on younger talent we can develop and sell for a profit. Can you imagine if by some fluke we got into Europe in the not too distant future? That doesn't bear thinking about. It would be a good start if we get some scouts in - everything seems very quiet from the board. What are their plans? What are they doing? Porto have 300 scouts, we have none.
said my piece on what i have heard the plans are to be a couple of weeks ago. Got mostly abuse so will keep it to myself from now on!

my philosophy has always been to aim to high to not achieve. personally would aim for a dutch coach who can structure the playing side while opening up the lower dutch leagues for recruitment to supplement what we have in our youth. That would take vision and conviction from those who say they hold the purse strings. sadly i doubt anything other than freebie spfl players will be signed to replace the highly thought of spfl players we currently employ that are no use.

Can understand the reservations expressed about Stuart McCall but I am far from convinced that managers with a proven track record will be all that keen in managing Rangers right now. Sure, guys like Billy Davies and others who are out of work would jump at the chance to come to Ibrox but I am genuinely struggling to come up with a name who was an obvious choice. The name of Derek McInnes has been banded about but would this be the right decision for him to leave Aberdeen for Rangers?