STV Grant - Stewart Regan - King Fit & Proper chat

And they will stop King too and let him take it to appeal where it will most likely be upheld.

I presume that you have absolutely no idea what the SFA will decide Alan and if you do, then it would make me wonder if you'd been continuing your campaign against Dave King by communicating with a person you know (or people) at the SFA.

The fact he has a lisp does not make him a bad person and should not be quoted as so. People can not help having a handicap. And most people do have a handicap of some sort.

You are correct, neither him being a Muppet makes him bad person either. Him being a Rangers hater makes him a bad person imo.

What will be upheld? The decision or the appeal?

The decision but of course that's just my humble opinion.

You can probably guess that I was tempted to say the decision would be overturned on appeal and it may well be. A lot might depend on the make up of the panel.

I'm in little doubt that any mitigation that King puts forward to the SFA Board will not be sufficient for them to exercise their judgement in his favour and against the specifics in the Rules but an Appeal Board might be tempted to say that it is in the best interests of football in this country. I doubt it but they might. I can't see any other way the SFA or an Appeal Board would justify a "fit and proper" finding when he clearly fails two of the set criteria.

I also think it will be very difficult for the SFA but perhaps less difficult for an Appeal Board to find P Murray "fit and proper" but not King, and vice versa. If they found for Murray but against King then it would be tantamount to saying that one of the citeria carries less weight than the other and whilst some might argue that the convictions are more serious than being a director of a company that suffered an insolvency event, I'm not sure that the SFA might not actually think the other way. As some have argued the convictions MIGHT carry less weight because they were in SA (not because the SA Government now deal with his companies, which is irrelevant) whereas the insolvency event was not just in this company but the the very Club where he now seeks to become a director again. In my opinion that is a much bigger hurdle to overcome that some might think.

I've tried to write the above as dispassionately as I can; it is well known I would rather Mr King had nothing to do with our Club.

I presume that you have absolutely no idea what the SFA will decide Alan and if you do, then it would make me wonder if you'd been continuing your campaign against Dave King by communicating with a person you know (or people) at the SFA.

Zappa, you often make assumptions about me or what I do or think that are completely wrong; none more so than on this occasion.

I should have made it clear that I was stating my opinion and will go back and so edit.

I am possibly in a better position than most to make an informed judgement but it's no more than that.

You are correct, however, that I would have been in a position to input the debate but I chose not to and am equally sure I would have got short shrift in any event.

I am comfortable that those who have the task of making this decision will exercise their judgment in an appropriate manner and need no help from me.

That bawbag Rhegan has no right to talk about King's FAPP on that twatter thingy, What's the chance of the club or King complaining? Nope. we;re terrified of that lisping Muppet.

Whether or not Mr Regan has a lisp is completely irrelevant and I don't see that you enhance your argument by such intended offensiveness.

I have been in a number of meetings chaired, attended and face to face with Mr Regan and I have never seen it as an issue.

Zappa, you often make assumptions about me or what I do or think that are completely wrong; none more so than on this occasion.

I make assumptions about a lot of things, but only ever do so based on the available information and in this case you clearly stated something as if it was fact or as if you had inside information, so given that various types of inside info is something which you've frequently posted here, it was a reasonably logical assumption whether correct or not.

I should have made it clear that I was stating my opinion

Exactly.

Edited by Zappa

Whether or not Mr Regan has a lisp is completely irrelevant and I don't see that you enhance your argument by such intended offensiveness.

I have been in a number of meetings chaired, attended and face to face with Mr Regan and I have never seen it as an issue.

Have you ever seen his Rangers hating as a issue? I'll take a wild guess and say no.

If we're honest DK will not pass the SFA FAPP test because of his SA tax convictions.

So what 'information' is it Regan is on about that they are awaiting?

Just another wild guess here, but maybe King is in possession of evidence, that the SARS tax case, was politically motivated and a personnel attack on him by corrupt members of SARS. As reported by the SA press?

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Have you ever seen his Rangers hating as a issue? I'll take a wild guess and say no.

I would really like to act as an impartial mediator here and say BH is entitled to his opinion but until he has been judged as a fit and proper Rangers fan he should be obliged to keep any opinions to himself.