If there is to be any reconstruction it should take place with effect from the end of next season so that everyone knows what they have to do at the start of the season. Moving teams about at a whim is just wrong and will turn Scottish football into even more of a joke.

Is that even possible?

I don't think reconstruction is a great idea. It will just drag the quality of Scottish football down further. We have seen what has happened to Celtic while we have been out of the league and we have seen players like Wallce get dragged down playing against inferior opposition. Let's keep it as it is.

If there is to be any reconstruction it should take place with effect from the end of next season so that everyone knows what they have to do at the start of the season. Moving teams about at a whim is just wrong and will turn Scottish football into even more of a joke.

You are correct and it won't happen; for the avoidance of doubt that is an opinion not inside knowledge but it is an informed opinion based on past discussions and events.

I don't think reconstruction is a great idea. It will just drag the quality of Scottish football down further. We have seen what has happened to Celtic while we have been out of the league and we have seen players like Wallce get dragged down playing against inferior opposition. Let's keep it as it is.

There is a balance to be had here between the drudgery of playing each other at least 4 times and often 5 or 6 times a season and expanding the league to 16 to avoid that, which you would argue would lower the quality per se. On the bother hand, many players from Mark Walters onwards have commented on the difficulty of playing the same opponents 4+ times a season.

I think there are just about enough FT teams to make a 16 team league viable if you take the current top 10 plus the top 5/6 in the "Championship" right now. You could argue that the likes of Hamilton are punching way above their weight and that attendances in some quarters are pitifully low but there needs to be a further redistribution of wealth to help address that issue.

It is often argued that a 16 team league means a lot of meaningless games at the end of the season but that would be an opportunity to develop young players if a team was "safe" and there could be at least 2 automtatic relegation places and play offs as well to keep things going.

Personally, I think that the balance of advantage lies with a 16 team league and perhaps now that the SPL has had to do without Rangers for 3 years (and perhaps more) it might be the right time to do it for season 2016/17. After all if Rangers come back next season or the season after, the other Clubs should welcome one visit from us where they have had none in recent years.

Yet many Celt@c supporters will not accept that their team has deteriorated every season we've been out of the top division.

Theyve sold their best players & tried to replace them with inferior ones.

Players like Wallace have not been dragged down by upper Championship teams. I would also suggest inept coaching had much more to do with it than part-time opposition.

There's no difference between the top half of the Championship and the bottom half of the Premiership.