Fraser Aird...remember him?

What isnt fair is saying that a young man who always tried his hardest, only got a run in the team because he was the teachers pet.(so to speak)

I repeat ,its unfair.No, its more than that ,its disgusting.!!

David Templeton & Barrie McKay are clearly more talented football players than Fraser Aird is, but despite their clear natural ability with a football, Ally McCoist who (allegedly!) had fall outs with both Templeton & McKay chose to opt for Aird.

So, the questions are:

Did Ally see something in Aird that a lot of others didn't?

Was Aird actually looking like a better player or better option in training?

Or were there - as rumoured - various clashes of opinion between Ally and some of his players?

It's an interesting subject actually because I think the article in the OP is completely wrong when it asserts that McCall is responsible for dropping Aird.

From what I could see and from what I remember without looking it up, as soon as Ally stepped down and Kenny McDowall took over Fraser Aird was almost immediately given far less chances.

Edited by Zappa

David Templeton & Barrie McKay are clearly more talented football players than Fraser Aird is, but despite their clear natural ability with a football, Ally McCoist who (allegedly!) had fall outs with both Templeton & McKay chose to opt for Aird.

So, the questions are:

Did Ally see something in Aird that a lot of others didn't?

Was Aird actually looking like a better player or better option in training?

Or were there - as rumoured - various clashes of opinion between Ally and some of his players?

It's an interesting subject actually because I think the article in the OP is completely wrong when it asserts that McCall is responsible for dropping Aird.

From what I could see and from what I remember without looking it up, as soon as Ally stepped down and Kenny McDowall took over Fraser Aird was almost immediately given far less chances.

David templeton cost £750000,pounds sterling yet you defend his abject failure whilst ripping Aird apart.

Barrie mckay has an serious attitude problem(hence his release from Killie) yet you rip Aird apart.

Give youths a fair crack? Have a word with yourself.

Ive no axe to grind with you, but i dont like individuals being picked on,especially when they are no worse than any of the other shit we have.

He was playing well at the time and any year on his contract may mean another 100k or so on any transfer fee.

No team would ever dream of spending £100k on Fraser Aird, let alone pay £100k extra. Like most players in our squad it's highly unlikely we will ever get any transfer fee from him because nobody with any money would be interested.

No team would ever dream of spending £100k on Fraser Aird, let alone pay £100k extra. Like most players in our squad it's highly unlikely we will ever get any transfer fee from him because nobody with any money would be interested.

Yet, if we let him go. He'd probably go to have a good career elsewhere. How many times has that happened to us?

David templeton cost £750000,pounds sterling yet you defend his abject failure whilst ripping Aird apart.

Barrie mckay has an serious attitude problem(hence his release from Killie) yet you rip Aird apart.

Give youths a fair crack? Have a word with yourself.

Ive no axe to grind with you, but i dont like individuals being picked on,especially when they are no worse than any of the other shit we have.

If I remember correctly, Hearts put a 2 to 3 million price tag on David Templeton about a year or so before we bought him and the fact that there were no takers at that sort of price probably speaks volumes, but that's a different subject.

I think a lot of us were pleased (even delighted in some cases!) when we signed Templeton, even if it cost £0.75m. The fact that he's disappointed for various reasons including the stop-start nature of his appearances/chances during Ally's time as manager has a massive impact on our perception of the player, but everyone can see the guy has some notable skills that other players don't. He's twice (or more!) the player Lee Wallace is with the ball at his feet and Wallace cost double the amount.

As for Barrie McKay, it's well known about the alleged attitude issues, but a good man manager should be able to work with any player. You only have to look at the top sides in the EPL & Europe and some of the skilled, but temperamental prima donnas getting regular starts to see that good players get a game, full stop.

If I remember correctly, Hearts put a 2 to 3 million price tag on David Templeton about a year or so before we bought him and the fact that there were no takers at that sort of price probably speaks volumes, but that's a different subject.

I think a lot of us were pleased (even delighted in some cases!) when we signed Templeton, even if it cost £0.75m. The fact that he's disappointed for various reasons including the stop-start nature of his appearances/chances during Ally's time as manager has a massive impact on our perception of the player, but everyone can see the guy has some notable skills that other players don't. He's twice (or more!) the player Lee Wallace is with the ball at his feet and Wallace cost double the amount.

As for Barrie McKay, it's well known about the alleged attitude issues, but a good man manager should be able to work with any player. You only have to look at the top sides in the EPL & Europe and some of the skilled, but temperamental prima donnas getting regular starts to see that good players get a game, full stop.

I dont know what to make of that,but at least you have stopped your criticism,Im not sure but i think im grateful.