One Scotland, Many Cultures & 2 Tier "Justice"

I think it has been apparent for some time though we need a proper unionist party to replace Labour, Tories & the Lid dems who are all now totally ineffective against the SNP

Like Scottish Unionist Party ?

One-party State; controlled state media; thought crime.

Sound familiar?

UK 2015 - where people are sent to prison for simply owning material the state doesn't like and where the media is nothing more than an arm of the state and controlled by the those who control the state. Next question.

UK 2015 - where people are sent to prison for simply owning material the state doesn't like and where the media is nothing more than an arm of the state and controlled by the those who control the state. Next question.

If the SNP win a huge majority in Scotland, where would you expect your above description of the UK government adapted to the Scottish government to change?

If the SNP win a huge majority in Scotland, where would you expect your above description of the UK government adapted to the Scottish government to change?

Forgive me, I don't understand your question; what do you mean by the "UK Gov adapted to the Scottish Gov"?

The SNP's law has resulted in someone for being fined for being anti-IRA, while their supporters cheer a pro-IRA band walking past the cenotaph playing "Go home, British soldiers." The morality of the country is truly worrying.

As is your portrayal of events. That was not an SNP event; it was organised by Tommy Sheridan.

But as if the sight of these intergalactic keyboard warriors was not bad enough' date=' last week saw a further unedifying dimension to this battle – a blanket bombing of hypocrisy and double standards. The revelation that SNP Candidate for Argyll and Bute, Brendan O’Hara had used hate speech on a message board to describe Rangers supporters was accompanied, of course, by the almost mandatory “apology”. Amazing how remorseful such individuals are when they are exposed. I’m sure Scott Lamont was equally remorseful, but that didn’t stop him receiving a 4 month jail sentence for singing the Billy Boys. So much for the European right of “equality before the law” Orwell it seems was correct – “All animals are created equal, but some animals are more equal than others”

But the actions of the prospective candidate for Argyll and Bute, pale into insignificance when one examines the actions of the political party he represents. A party who commandeered a bulldozer to drive their much criticised anti-sectarian legislation through Holyrood, continue to endorse a candidate who engages in the type of hate speech they sought to criminalise. If Carlsberg did hypocrisy they would probably be a poor second to the SNP. (I only use the word “probably” to retain the sentiment of the original Carlsberg advert)

[/quote']

What you forget to mention is that he used the term some 4 years before the law was introduced, so your use of the phrase "who engages in hate speech" is at best temporally incorrect and slightly hysterical. You further suggest that he is being allowed to get off because he's an SNP member, whereas he's being treated just like any other person would be- or do you expect the SNP to expel a person for something that was perfectly legal at the time they did it?

I'm not suggesting the SNP is perfect, but to compare them to the unionist masters of lies, hypocricy, fear-mongering and hatred is to take a trip down the rabbit hole.

Forgive me, I don't understand your question; what do you mean by the "UK Gov adapted to the Scottish Gov"?

Och, c'mon RPB, you understand alright. Did the SNP not introduce the Objectionable Behaviour Act? So, who's government is worse, or at least as bad as each other , the UK government or the SNP government in Holyrood?

Och, c'mon RPB, you understand alright. Did the SNP not introduce the Objectionable Behaviour Act? So, who's government is worse, or at least as bad as each other , the UK government or the SNP government in Holyrood?

I did not understand your question because it made no sense - I just didn't want to start our discussion by pointing that out. :)

As to the nub of your question, there can be no comparison between the anti-democratic laws passed by Westminster and the Objectionable Behaviour Act. In order to break the law in Scotland, you actually do have to do something. Under UK anti-terrorism laws you can be locked up practically on a whim.

The parliament in Westminster is largely discredited, outdated and corrupt - none of which adjectives apply to the Scottish Parliament.

I did not understand your question because it made no sense - I just didn't want to start our discussion by pointing that out. :)

As to the nub of your question, there can be no comparison between the anti-democratic laws passed by Westminster and the Objectionable Behaviour Act. In order to break the law in Scotland, you actually do have to do something. Under UK anti-terrorism laws you can be locked up practically on a whim.

The parliament in Westminster is largely discredited, outdated and corrupt - none of which adjectives apply to the Scottish Parliament.

Are you sure about that?