If the SFA Board did not have the power to "think out the box" as you put it, or apply their discretion, then DK may as well have pled no contest.

Are you seriously defending the ability of the SFA to 'think on their feet'?

As someone who has spent a life time on boards and committees of course I know that all the REAL decisions are made before the board sits down and of course such discussions are not documented; but that wasn't my point and I think you know that full well.

It's those type of condescending comments that make me angry when I read your posts. You come across as such an officious, egotistical snob. It surprises me not a jot that your life has been spent on boards and committees. It still surprises me to this day that people who spend their life in that fashion still think they are the only ones who would know how decisions are really made, and that us 'plebs' are unable to work out the clandestine machinations that go on in decision making.

That was your point, and you know full well.

The problem the SFA would have in rejecting DK as not FAPP is that it would open up a whole can of worms as to others past & present who'd fail this supposed-test.

Dermot Desmond for one. Just google his links with the former Irish prime minister CHarles Haughey & you'll see what I mean

Is it only Rangers that have to go through the FAPP test?

In theory NO but as I said it does open up a whole can of worms IMO.

For example does every current director at each Scottish football club meet the FAPP requirements?

And was it not ludicrous that Paul Murray had to go thro' this process when he'd absolutely nothing to do with what happened to Rangers under Whyte?

Are you seriously defending the ability of the SFA to 'think on their feet'?

It's those type of condescending comments that make me angry when I read your posts. You come across as such an officious, egotistical snob. It surprises me not a jot that your life has been spent on boards and committees. It still surprises me to this day that people who spend their life in that fashion still think they are the only ones who would know how decisions are really made, and that us 'plebs' are unable to work out the clandestine machinations that go on in decision making.

That was your point, and you know full well.

Calm doon mate :D BH has been there and done it, us 'plebs' have no right to condemn him.

You really have to respect his word.