RST complaint re: Brendan O'Hara and a new complaint email template

All three are vile Rangers hating scum, to watch Rangers fans trying to excuse O'Hara's vile behaviour simply on the basis of being an SNP MP is frankly rather sad but I'm sure we'll see them excusing a lot worse in the not so distant future to fit in with their by any means necessary campaign.

Edited by forlanssister

All three are vile Rangers hating scum, to watch Rangers fans trying to excuse O'Hara's vile behaviour simply on the basis of being an SNP MP is frankly rather sad but I'm sure we'll see them excusing a lot worse in the not so distant future to fit in with their by any means necessary campaign.

I can certainly see why you Tories want to abolish the Human Rights Act since it is a basic human right not to be punished for something which wasn't illegal when you did it.

I can certainly see why you Tories want to abolish the Human Rights Act since it is a basic human right not to be punished for something which wasn't illegal when you did it.

It being illegal or not at the time is irrelevant what's relevant is your willingness to support a vile sectarian bigot simply because of what political party he belongs to, do you really expect us to believe that he no longer holds those thoughts towards Rangers and it's wider fanbase?

https://themanthebheastscanttame.wordpress.com/2015/05/06/oh-oh-oh-ohara-we-know-the-snps-sunk-to-new-lows/

tumblr_lah990tbp61qcdumxo1_400.jpg

LOL. Still trying to excuse bigotry by claiming it wasn't illegal. It was.

What punishment are we asking to be inflicted on O'H? I don't think anyone is calling for conviction and sentence retrospectively. It's just that the SNP make such a fuss about inclusiveness and not being nasty it's not unreasonable to expect them to distance themselves from the culprit. Publicly deploring his conduct a last warning with regard to future behaviour would do. Possibly lighted matches under the fingernails as well.

I don't see a great difference between this case and Findlay's except, of course, DF wasn't offering himself for public office where he would take part in telling the rest of us what to do.

Don't know if that is aimed at me or not, but just for clarity it makes no difference to me if the guy is a MP or not. This comment was made years ago, I'm sure all of us have used the F..... Word a few times in the past.

Edited by BEARGER

Don't know if that is aimed at me or not, but just for clarity it makes no difference to me if the guy is a MP or not. This comment was made years ago, I'm sure all of us have used the F..... Word a few times in the past.

well when we run for public office you can be sure to play the tape to the mhedia.

Can I just try a sum-up this 'argument':

Mr O'Hara is a public representative. He represents everyone in his constituency. (As much as I dislike his party and everything they stand for, his party should be irrelevant.)

Mr O'Hara has used a sectarian/bigoted term -- a term which the majority of Scots think is unacceptable.

There was no 'law' against it when he said it, so therefore it can't be illegal. (You can't start charging someone retrospectively--where does it end?)

So, for me, the issue is whether it's right--ethically, because legally I don't see a problem--that a 'public representative' should continue his responsibilities after he has demonstrated bigoted behaviour, which, by definition means he is intolerant of a persons views, because he is therefore not able to conduct his role.

Is this the gist of it?

"Well the Galloway and Reid were in the same Better Together bed, so I suspect not. Once you've lain with dogs, it's best not to check too closely for fleas.

As for this email - pathetic, illiterate and embarrassing."

RPB, I'm generally against you in this thread but I agree with every word of that.

The whole "bigotry has only become bad because the SNP passed a law to make it illegal" argument is deflection at its best. The SNP would not even acknowledge it was bigotry and the defence of it by nationalists on here shows that they will excuse many things if it was done by a fellow nationalist.

The RST have been campaigning against the use of the H word for many, many years and credit to them for continuing the fight.

FWIW I can think of 3 bits of legislation that could have been used but that's not the point. Bigotry by a prospective MP should have been condemned by all concerned.

It should not be a party political issue.