RST complaint re: Brendan O'Hara and a new complaint email template

I'm a RST member and find this pathetic. The guy made a comment before the Scot. Gov. brought in their new law. It was years ago and the guy has since apologised. Are the RST going after all who in the past used the term ****** ? Did the RST go after john Reid or George Galloway for singing songs in support of the IRA ?

The RST went after Galloway for use of the H word on Talksport in January 2007.

Maybe we should go about this another way why don't we adopt the word hun have t-shirts with the words I am a proud hun etc I am to old to worry , do you think I should ask the consultant who treats me if he is a pape .

Maybe we should go about this another way why don't we adopt the word hun have t-shirts with the words I am a proud hun etc I am to old to worry , do you think I should ask the consultant who treats me if he is a pape .

I am sure in the seventies the tims were the huns because they worked with the Germans during the war. I remember we used to sing Go home ya huns meaning the same as in the famine song. I have no idea how they turned this round on us. If the hun word is going to be found legal then we should turn it around again and start calling them it again and tell them to go home.

What punishment are we asking to be inflicted on O'H? I don't think anyone is calling for conviction and sentence retrospectively. It's just that the SNP make such a fuss about inclusiveness and not being nasty it's not unreasonable to expect them to distance themselves from the culprit. Publicly deploring his conduct a last warning with regard to future behaviour would do. Possibly lighted matches under the fingernails as well.

I don't see a great difference between this case and Findlay's except, of course, DF wasn't offering himself for public office where he would take part in telling the rest of us what to do.

Of course no one is asking for conviction - since no crime was committed, but the hard of thinking are calling for all manner of sundry punishments, sacking, expulsion, suspension and whatever else that embarrassment of an email was asking for. The SNP released a statement saying that O'Hara apologised for the use of the term, which was made some years ago and noted that the football landscape had developed considerably since and that he wouldn't use the term nowadays.

This witch hunt about the use of a term 8 years ago which may or may not have been intended in a sectarian fashion (and all the evidence, or lack thereof indicates it was not intended as a sectarian slur) is utterly pathetic and embarrassing.

He doesn't need to be sacked - yet. A good public horsing would suffice. His kind and by that I mean a much broader church than SNP, are in the vanguard of dishing out sanctmonious twaddle. Not so good at taking it, though.

On Saturday, BBC Radio Scotland's Cosgrove and Cowan spent two hours of their, 'Off the Ball' show discussing, 'the election and football.

Anyone that also listens to Thursday afternoon's weekly 30 minute media review with both Stuart Cosgrove and Eamon O'Neill on the same channel, will know BES(Big Establishment Stu) regularly accuses Pacific Quay of bias. Regularly, he reminds BBC Scotland of their own guidelines and calls for accuracy, to ensure Producer objectivity. Eamon generates the odd bit of abrasion to erode the cigarette paper separating his view from BES.

So, to last Saturday, BES was awash with triumphalism and particularly keen to lionise Mhairi Black. BES forgot those guidelines he is most keen to quote, because on several occasions he told the listenership that Mhairi jokingly tweeted her intention to boot Celtic fans in the baws. BES was sure Ms Black could do it too, referring to her heavy vocal delivery. He promised the listeners that Mhairi would soon be a guest of the show, she had defeated heavyweight Douglas Alexander in the election in Paisley South and was a Partick Thistle supporter.

Despite the jokingly booting Yahoos in the baws mantra, Producer objectivity should have told us what Mhairi actually tweeted, "I have only just realised I fcuking hate Celtic, yer joke scum". Further, her address at the Hope over Fear rally in George Square contained the laugh like a drain moment when she articulated her fantasy reference Labour Councillors at last year's Independence Referendum, "it took everything, every fibre in my being not to put the nut on one of them". Mhairi's broadcast swagger extended to labeling both Ed Milliband and Douglas Alexander as "cnuts". Yep, tomorrow belongs to you, Mhairi. Objectivity demands I point out that Hope over Fear is/was a Tommy Sheridan project, the one where the Irish Republican bands provide the cabaret.

Cosgrove's performance, running interference on what Mhairi actually said, opposed to what he wants the listenership to remember as jokingly said; is akin to his similar act with Channel 4 Journo, Alex Thomson. Remember, he broadcast a YouTube video of the Ibrox Disaster statue of John Greig walking away, then utilised Cosgrove's show to plead ignorance? Cosgrove was a then senior Channel 4 Executive and led Thomson by the nose through a 20 minute apology. The very next day, Thomson referred to Rangers supporters continuously as Daleks, and we know they're not very good with stairs either!

Back to the Off the Ball, and BES also raised Edinburgh South. Ian Murray is the surviving Labour MP in Scotland and BES promised he would return to the show. Murray's work with the Foundation of Hearts was rightfully praised, apparently they are a model club? BES volunteered that the SNP PPS, Neil Hay had made some inappropriate texts and tweets that may have led to non-election. He utilised the big hand over small map approach, "aye, Neil faced strong local issues". Again, evoking Producer accuracy and objectivity beloved by BES, Mr Hay wondered if pensioners knew the day of the week and whether they should be allowed to vote? Further, anyone not voting nationalist was, 'a Quisling'.

At least BES referred to both Paisley and Edinburgh Souths, and assured Mhairi and Ian would guest on the show. BES ignored the Argyll constituency and Brendan O'Hara's utterances, perhaps the frequent lunch companion of the Lord Advocate will raise the matter the next time both place their knees under the table at Tom Kitchin's? Maybe, Big Stu' will assure us that Brendan will be a guest soonest? We know BES is a man of principle, bound by accuracy and objectivity, underpinned by BBC guidelines, don't we?

Well, here is something recently broadcast by BES on the Media Review some weeks past, when the odious Jeremy Clarkson was to the fore, "I do not want to live in a society where some people can say offensive things without consequences".

Over to you BES.