His unrelenting negativity can be tedious and you would be forgiven for thinking that he was lost.

Despite that I find it infinitely preferable to Rangers fans who would actually prefer us to lose.

If you say that you would prefer to remain in this division then that is what you are saying.

But no-one said that

Er no, read the highlighted statement to which I was responding. "I can't see any advantage of not getting promoted" I suggested two. I didn't say anything about on that basis we shouldn't go up, I merely said "here's one" and "here's another". I can think of more, for that matter, doesn't mean I am saying we deliberately should try not to go up - though we have often looked like that is what we were doing this season, come to think of it.

You maybe didn't mean it to be, but I think that last part of your post is actually a massive point because there were several people on here back in December saying the players had chucked it and given in on our aspirations of winning the league at a time when we were still more than capable of bridging the gap with Hearts. I didn't completely agree at the time, but in retrospect it's fair point because we did have certain players who actually looked like they'd chucked it, both from their performances and from their other actions.

Now honestly, SteveC didn't say anything that would prompt a reply as given by SBS. You know that, SBS knows that, and anyone else too. Why should someone stomach such a reply then as it clearly misses - IMHO on purpose - the argument SteveC is making. It's solely done to stir another debate on a topic that has been done to death. For we all know that it would be best if we go up when we are ready for it. We aren't now, whether we'll be after a promotion this summer (with al the changes coming up) is anyone's guess. Much like it is after another year in the Championship - also with wholesale changes in the summer though. No-one on here wishes to stay in the Championship for longer than necessary. But any stay here will be welcomed at a certain level, as it feeds the ex-SPL teams more of what they sowed. Nothing more, but nothing less either. And that has been told a dozen times before.

Let's not get sidetracked here. My point was purely about yourself and Selmy constantly sniping at each other. You've both been doing it repeatedly for quite a while now despite having previously been asked to stop it on several occasions. Now again, please quit it, both of you.

I have to admit I can see where the argument comes from of not getting promotion....its gives a new start but TBH we should have had this new start 2-3 years ago when we was in the bottom tier. Unfortunately we had incompetence running us on and off the pitch so I do see where we see the point that we could start again next season rather than struggling in the top tier.

Financially I really don't know what the benefits of going up are, we are the ones who bring finance to the others and the SPFLA-Z don't even have a sponsor, they are obvious waiting to see our situation.

I really don't want to see us being a mid table side in the top flight, that could set us back longer.

Promotion will mean we are back where we belong but after the honeymoon period we could be a disaster. It shows that the King decision is also the top flight playing games again, they obviously fear a strong Rangers.

Not wanting promotion is crazy. We need to be promoted and then start working our way back up to the top of the premiership. That bar is not that high and we should be there within a few years. The fact the tims are already talking about 10 in a row after only winning 4 should be enough fuel to drive us forward. We are Rangers FFS! If Inverness can make Europe then it can't be too high a bar to aim for. Once we gain a European place we are on the same peg as the tims and will be back fighting for the title. If we get promoted this year then we will be fighting for the league the season after next season. All of course depends on the financial packet put forward by the new board and the support turning up in numbers.

I don't think nobody doesn't want promotion, I think there is 1 or 2 just looking at it away from that and what happens.

Not sure Gribz there has been posts on here saying we would be better staying in the championship for another year.

But no-one said that

Correct,I most definately did not say that.

Im tired and bored of his constant sniping,THATS what im saying.

I happen to agree with him,(mcall not being the man for the job).

However, we are in the midst of vital playoffs and the man needs support.

Whether we are successful or not,there is going to be a whole summer to promote your pesonal agenda,just not NOW!!

I appreciate the sentiment in having another year in the Championship to build a new foundation, rather than expose a team with several deficiencies to the Premiership. We could find ourselves on the wrong end of a few hidings!

Financially it's better we go up -- even just getting the bigger gates.

Ethically, it's just not compatible with the Rangers way. We exist to win. We should expect a very difficult Premiership campaign, but we'd need to take it. I think someone else said we will have to take a beating no matter when we go up, because there is no way we can assemble a Premiership-winning side in the Championship.

It could all be a moot point: there is no guarantee we'll get up this year...