How Do You Get To Ibrox?

Used to vary for me. Midweek and Sunday games Id usual used to drive or take the Granite City Supporters Bus but majority of home games on a Saturday I used to take the train to enjoy a good 3 hours of Tennents of the way down.

If I went now I would be John Candy and Steve Martin - Trains, Planes and Automobiles

As a boy I stayed in Yorkhill and walked down to the Haugh Ferry and walked past Kai Johansen's pub and up the Copeland road. When I am in Scotland now I stay at my sisters house in Kelvingrove across from the Snaffle Bit pub, so I walk down to Partick underground and take the subway.

What a pity the Haugh Ferry has been discontinued.

http://www.oldglasgowpubs.co.uk/kaijohansens.html

Edited by pete

I just want to give in one of my experiences of walking down the Copeland road on the way back from the game. I always walked down the left-hand pavement but this time for some reason I ended up on the right. There is a bit where the houses are pulled back in a semi circle and there was a railing and grass there. I saw a group standing there but thought nothing about it. As I walked past them I got hit over the head with a wooden plank. As I was alone I just turned and smiled at them kidding on it didn't hurt and walked on. Later I thought that there were probably a hundred people who saw that and not one person said anything or even asked if I was okay.

One other thing I will get off my chest is when I was a boy I went to the game with my sister. I would think she was about 15\16 and I was about 12\13. It was in the days of standing crowds. We had to leave the game because the people about us were sticking their hands up her skirt. My sister has never returned to Ibrox and actually now hates Rangers. I try to explain that the club had nothing to do with it but I think as a 15 year old she was so traumatised that it has stuck with her even until today. Somebody had what they thought seconds of pleasure and left a young girl traumatised for life. I came from a red hot Rangers family where there was a sash bash at every birthday party so to hate Rangers is a 180 degree swing.

Supporting Rangers is not always easy but it is my life.

As a boy I stayed in Yorkhill and walked down to the Haugh Ferry and walked past Kai Johansen's pub and up the Copeland road. When I am in Scotland now I stay at my sisters house in Kelvingrove across from the Snaffle Bit pub, so I walk down to Partick underground and take the subway.

What a pity the Haugh Ferry has been discontinued.

http://www.oldglasgowpubs.co.uk/kaijohansens.html

I completely forgot about the ferry. I have used it to get to Ibrox.

great memories Pete.