Summer 2015 - Transfers and Rumours Thread

Are you for real dB ? Seriously ????

I posted EXACTLY the same thing about Bell as you had posted about McCulloch & Mohsni...... and you think it is understandable for YOU to lecture ME about what levels we reach when describing former and current players.

You really, really don't do hypocrisy or irony do you ?

I think we should re-ignite "Post of the week" - your post would certainly win hypocritical post of the week that is for sure.

I am literally flabbergasted at your post. Oh my.

While rbr's post above has his merits, just let me point out: McCulloch and Mohsni were a woeful defensive partnership in the Championship. About that there is (you would hope) no debate. One was too slow, one was erratic. They would cause problems for any goalkeeper. You were essentially saying that Bell's a bad goalkeeper and any defensive before him would have confidence problems because of that. And Bell sure I not as bad as goalkeeper as the two mentioned above are or were as defenders.

But in any case, after Black it was Foster who received undue flak and now it is Bell. Wonder who will be next in line. But that is for another thread.

Edited by der Berliner

While rbr's post above has his merits, just let me point out: McCulloch and Mohsni were a woeful defensive partnership in the Championship. About that there is (you would hope) no debate. One was too slow, one was erratic. They would cause problems for any goalkeeper. You were essentially saying that Bell's a bad goalkeeper and any defensive before him would have confidence problems because of that. And Bell sure I not as bad as goalkeeper as the two mentioned above are or were as defenders.

But in any case, after Black it was Foster who received undue flak and now it is Bell. Wonder who will be next in line. But that is for another thread.

Holy shit.

Even when replying you cant see the hypocrisy even within your own post. You give people such a hard time for abuse of our players - but find it perfectly reasonable for you yourself to say McCulloch & Moshni were a woeful partnership.

As I said, you really don't do irony. It is clearly lost on you.

When will you realize the irony of you saying players got "undue flak" whilst giving flak to players yourself ? Is it only the players that other people don't rate that don't deserve flak, or are the ones you don't rate the only ones who should receive flak.

Just because you believe one player is decent and someone else thinks they are shite doesn't give you licence to be inconsistent when moaning about people giving our players pelters.

If you cant see the hypocrisy you are portraying then I am beyond even trying with you dB.

Suffice to say - your attitude is "any player I believe is decent cannot be given pelters (eg, Black & Foster) - however, any player I think is shite (McCulloch & Mohsni) should receive pelters from everyone". Hypocrisy in the extreme, and all within one single post. You couldn't make it up.

By the way, Black is pish too. There, I said it. Waste of a jersey for the better part of 3 years (had a decent 6 months). And for the further avoidance of doubt, Bell isn't even the best keeper at the Club, let alone good enough to be our #1.

I wont continue anymore as this thread isn't about this. But you are a hypocrite, of that I now have no doubt. Proven by you lecturing me for saying the exact same thing as you said. Ridiculous.

Edited by craig

Nae worries guys, I'm out.

I just have a dislike to people lecturing anyone whilst being a hypocrite.

I will leave this "discussion" now :thup:

It is rather peculiar that you felt need to rant your anger all over me in this thread rather than via PM - oftentimes adviced by admins - and then calmy "bow out". That is indeed the same lack of dignity (as you take it to a personal level) that quite a few show untowards our players and staff, yet people set their own standards, as you did above #233. Suum cuique, as the saying goes. I tend to show any player and any manager a certain (sic!) level of respect and dignity that befits a player of Rangers FC. And I tend to show a certain dislike untowards people or opinions that lack nigh any respect. For I also believe that a certain (sic!) level of respect and dignity sets US apart from the rest of the football fanhood. Before folk jump in with the "well, one can call a spade a spade" mantra ... this sure can be done. If it is reasonably done. If you've read my comments after the games, you will have noted that I crtiticised quite a few players throughout the season. I still see no need to jump in with the default mantra about "that coward Black" or our "worst ever rightback Foster". Or to defend myself if my opinion differs.

Anyway, ...

Hypocrisy is the claim or pretense of holding beliefs, feelings, standards, qualities, opinions, behaviors, virtues, motivations, or other characteristics that one does not actually hold. Hypocrisy is not simply failing to practice those virtues that one preaches. Samuel Johnson made this point when he wrote about the misuse of the charge of "hypocrisy" in Rambler No. 14: acutely means you say don't do that when you are doing it yourself.

If you track back the above, you will notice that I said that McCulloch and Mohsni were not good enough as defenders and thus made work for any goalie worse. It is beyond debate that these two were woeful alongside one another throughout the season, both costing us goals and more often than not points. Yet you, craig, come about and claim that Bell is a bad goalkeeper and will give the defenders in front of him the creeps. Which essentially just your opinion and takes the debate to a different level. For no matter how low you evaluate Bell's goalkeeping abilities, it is simply untrue that he will install a confidence problem into any defender before him. And that you turn that into a personal salvo does not make your argument any better.

After taking the liberty to reply here, we can jump into PM-level if there is need.

It is rather peculiar that you felt need to rant your anger all over me in this thread rather than via PM - oftentimes adviced by admins - and then calmy "bow out". That is indeed the same lack of dignity (as you take it to a personal level) that quite a few show untowards our players and staff, yet people set their own standards, as you did above #233. Suum cuique, as the saying goes. I tend to show any player and any manager a certain (sic!) level of respect and dignity that befits a player of Rangers FC. And I tend to show a certain dislike untowards people or opinions that lack nigh any respect. For I also believe that a certain (sic!) level of respect and dignity sets US apart from the rest of the football fanhood. Before folk jump in with the "well, one can call a spade a spade" mantra ... this sure can be done. If it is reasonably done. If you've read my comments after the games, you will have noted that I crtiticised quite a few players throughout the season. I still see no need to jump in with the default mantra about "that coward Black" or our "worst ever rightback Foster". Or to defend myself if my opinion differs.

Anyway, ...

If you track back the above, you will notice that I said that McCulloch and Mohsni were not good enough as defenders and thus made work for any goalie worse. It is beyond debate that these two were woeful alongside one another throughout the season, both costing us goals and more often than not points. Yet you, craig, come about and claim that Bell is a bad goalkeeper and will give the defenders in front of him the creeps. Which essentially just your opinion and takes the debate to a different level. For no matter how low you evaluate Bell's goalkeeping abilities, it is simply untrue that he will install a confidence problem into any defender before him. And that you turn that into a personal salvo does not make your argument any better.

After taking the liberty to reply here, we can jump into PM-level if there is need.

Check your PM.

Final comment on this (and only because I missed it in my PM to you) :

You say "you, craig, come about and claim that Bell is a bad goalkeeper and will give the defenders in front of him the creeps. Which essentially just your opinion and takes the debate to a different level". Yet you also say "It is beyond debate that these two were woeful ".

Can you explain (in PM would be great) why it is only an opinion about Bell but is undoubted about McCulloch & Mohsni ? Is it because the McCulloch & Mohsni statement was yours whilst the Bell statement was mine ? See, I consider that hypocrisy again.

Anyway, lets take this to PM, as I have done.

Back to rumours....

Hopefully these young lads will prove to be solid signings and we see them breaking into the 1st team fairly swiftly.