This might work better in the long run

Total clear out from tomorrow, no sympathy just get on with it.

And bring in a fresh new plan which should have been done 3 years ago. Tomorrow is our new chance to build again and build properly this time.

Really no idea who at this stage but I hope they don't give McCall a chance to stay and bring in his own players.

We were going to be rebuilding anyway but no promotion makes recruitment a much harder task. It's going to need King to make a clear plan for the next five years and a manager who can convince players that they can be in at the start of something great. Tough sell.

Ramsdens and league cup,An oppertunity for the players on the fringe as you say.

Perhaps we could target doing something in the Scottish(if we are anything like it)

I'd only bother about the Scottish Cup if we are well ahead in the League when the first round comes round.

Guest Akaseo

I think our current situation is a lot worse than many think, granted a lot of the flops are out of contract and can be got off the wagebill, but of bigger concern there are a ton of players who are still under contract who have already proven they are nowhere near good enough and there is no way to get rid of them. Who knows maybe with a new spine to the side guys like Law will start offering more but I doubt it. Our first competitive game is only a few weeks away, we have no manager, no money a threadbare squad full of poor players and face a tough fight for promotion. We already finished behind Hibs this year. I'm seeing lots of comments on Twitter etc about how next season will be so much better with a new squad etc, where is this new squad coming from? Rangers reputation has taken a battering of late and I honestly don't see us as a big draw for players anymore, even mediocre players in Scotland. Once again we will have to pay over the odds for anything that's available and we can see clearly how that has worked out. They won't be coming on one year contracts either so we better be careful, I think our squad next year will be roughly the same as this years, here's hoping the new

manager be it McCall or whoever can add something, anything.

I think our current situation is a lot worse than many think, granted a lot of the flops are out of contract and can be got off the wagebill, but of bigger concern there are a ton of players who are still under contract who have already proven they are nowhere near good enough and there is no way to get rid of them. Who knows maybe with a new spine to the side guys like Law will start offering more but I doubt it. Our first competitive game is only a few weeks away, we have no manager, no money a threadbare squad full of poor players and face a tough fight for promotion. We already finished behind Hibs this year. I'm seeing lots of comments on Twitter etc about how next season will be so much better with a new squad etc, where is this new squad coming from? Rangers reputation has taken a battering of late and I honestly don't see us as a big draw for players anymore, even mediocre players in Scotland. Once again we will have to pay over the odds for anything that's available and we can see clearly how that has worked out. They won't be coming on one year contracts either so we better be careful, I think our squad next year will be roughly the same as this years, here's hoping the new

manager be it McCall or whoever can add something, anything.

so which is it?

Sobering words Akaseo - does anyone have a list of who is still on contract and for how long?

Edit: Just remembered that they are here:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glasgow-rangers/startseite/verein/124

Bell is our only keeper beyond this summer - to 2017

Zaliukas another year

Wallace another two

Law another ear

Aird another THREE!

Templeton another one

Crawford two

Gallacher, Clark and Shiels all another one

Edited by SteveC

Guest Akaseo

Roughly the same as this years, minus a few out of contract jhunter, I expect some of them will get an extension, Suddenly remembered why I don't usually post

much on forums.

Edited by Akaseo