Guidetti: I quit Celtic because goals in Scotland don't count for much

Can you post vines? On reading the OP I had the vine of Sam Allardyce laughing at a player's dive and getting no sympathy come to my mind.

I thought of this when I read the OP (just substitute Chico Flores for Guidetti):

Edited by Rousseau

What Celtic are doing, and doing exceptionally well it has to be said, is identifying top quality prospects from all over the place, buying them for peanuts and moving them on for a handsome sum as soon as they can. They are now every bit as much a selling/feeder club as Dundee Utd or Hibs. That is their future; downsizing and bargain basement shopping.

They are actually pretty hit and miss, the big sales that generate the headlines disguise the fact that they've signed quite a few over the past 2/3 years that have pretty much disappeared.

They are actually pretty hit and miss, the big sales that generate the headlines disguise the fact that they've signed quite a few over the past 2/3 years that have pretty much disappeared.

Their main problem is they have sold all their decent players and have nothing left worth selling. They have no competition so don't see the need. The old firm's primary objective always just tends to be winning the SPL, without any European aspirations. That's why Scottish football needs a thriving old firm, like in 02/03, where we both force each other to be of high quality.

If you are to total up Celtic's player sales in the last 10 or so seasons though, they have done very well. We, on the other hand, are lucky if we get a single penny for one of our failures.