Dave King Press Conference 8th June 2015

Well, that wasn't up to much.

King certainly playing his cards close to his chest which is fine for sections of media, not so good for fans wanting to know a full sit-rep before spending £400.

I was not encouraged by his comment that previous managers had been identifying potential signing targets.

I know what you mean, but He did then say ultimately it'll be down to the new manager. I don't have a problem with some targets being drawn up--I think he mentioned players that were available, which is not a specific target as such.

That's concerning.

Only for a 3 year period. After 3years the club should be able to run itself financially.

The cost of a scouting and youth system will put the costs up. Plus he wants to bring in players at a level to compete with Celtic next season.

Zappa, are you watching a live feed?

I tried the STV one, but the sound levels were terrible, so I switched it off. Thankfully Frankie posted the key points mentioned by Dave King.

Well, that wasn't up to much.

King certainly playing his cards close to his chest which is fine for sections of media, not so good for fans wanting to know a full sit-rep before spending £400.

Quite. Mainly seemed to reiterate a lot of what was said after he came in. Lot of big picture-stuff but light on details, figures involved, etc.

Is it just me or did he seem almost contemptuous of the press' questions?

Even without knowing who they are?

Knowing who the managers in question are would either have worried me more or eased my fears a little (or....lets see - who are the contenders? Greig, Walter, Souness, Advocaat (doubt he'd know our price range), McCoist, McDowell, McCall = who out of those would be encouraging???)..

The comment without specifying who led to my feeling of discouragement as I've learnt that with Rangers it is never wise to look optimistically on any ambiguity as not only is it usually the worst of all seeming options but we usually unearth a hitherto unimaginable and far more deleterious option and that's the one it turns out to be.

Edited by SteveC