Court action: Injunction granted and RFC to pay £20K costs

SD, the retail partner from hell

Counsel for Sports Direct thanks judge for her decision, asks for legal costs to be paid by RFC

Judge tells counsel for Sports Direct says she is "flabbergasted" by the legal costs claimed.

Legal Costs claimed by sports direct are"shocking" judge tells court.

Costs claimed by Sports Direct include "24 hours" of telephone calls.

Judge orders £20,000 in costs to be paid by RFC to Sports Direct

source: twitter

James Doleman@jamesdoleman

No mention of how much they're claiming?

No mention of how much they're claiming?

No but it seems to have been kicked in to touch by the judge with her setting the amount.

"Judge orders £20,000 in costs to be paid by RFC to Sports Direct"

if u read what I said no I'm not happy but as I said we need to be told the exact details. No more speculation.

I also want to know what Ashley wants from Rangers. We must be small beer to him. Why is he involved? All he is getting is bad publicity. Is that what he wants ? Wouldn't think so

You still don't know ?

Ashley wants to squeeze and extract as much 'benefit' out of us as he possibly can, period.

Precedent shows he gives short shrift to bad publicity and has an expensive and well drilled machine out there that will counter-attack, so as to confuse, divide and mitigate.

The RTC blogger(s) et al had access to all sorts of sensitive information. What chance some naughty naughty chap that can for one reason or another never be tracked back (our very own RTC clone, so to speak) will simply reveal the stuff? I mean, those contracts were done in the age of Green, Easdale, Llambias and Co. ... so who knows who got a copy ... and why should the new board know that?

Volunteers please!

Edited by der Berliner

Worth noting that our site has been asked by Puma to help promote the new kit which we've now politely declined.

That's a pity but there's no way we can ask any Rangers fan to buy items that the club apparently benefits from less from than other parties.

You still don't know ?

Ashley wants to squeeze and extract as much 'benefit' out of us as he possibly can, period.

Precedent shows he gives short shrift to bad publicity and has an expensive and well drilled machine out there that will counter-attack, so as to confuse, divide and mitigate.

I think there's a bit more to it than that now. It hasn't gone quite as he planned so he's miffed. Like the petulant bully he is, he wants to hurt, maim and probably even destroy us. He's either getting sadistic pleasure out of it and/or cannot bear anyone not doing as he commands.

I think there's a bit more to it than that now. It hasn't gone quite as he planned so he's miffed. Like the petulant bully he is, he wants to hurt, maim and probably even destroy us. He's either getting sadistic pleasure out of it and/or cannot bear anyone not doing as he commands.

Possibly, Steve.....it's difficult to say.

It would appear that the quantum of 'legal costs' asked for by SD and the shock that it gave the judge (who was "flabbergasted"), might support what you put forward.

Edited by buster.

So, your opinion and speculative authority. Thx.

No, BD will be right.

When was the last time you dealt in contract law ?

Any contract will have a clause stating under which legal jurisdiction the contract is bound by in the event of dispute. If it doesn't have such a clause then it is a shit contract, simple.

As BD says, given SD are an English company their desire will be to have any contract under English law as that will be their in house counsel's jurisdictional expertise. If Rangers wanted Scots Law they would have asked for it. Given the Board were really just Ashley stooges it is hard to believe Rangers would have pushed for Scots Law to be the governing jurisdiction.

The fact SD are taking RIFC to court in England suggests that BD is absolutely correct. Call it opinion and speculative authority all you like - but it is almost guaranteed BD is bang on the money, unless Ashley's lawyers really are stupid.

A question that needs answered is why did the board keep knowledge of these actions from fans groups and the fans many of whom are shareholders, not great at all.

Bollox. This stuff is called business. No company in their right mind sends out communications each time they are involved in a legal dispute. Utter tosh, and you know it.