Court action: Injunction granted and RFC to pay £20K costs

I think the 500K figure was from the DA era so isn't really comparable with more modern times. However, it was sales from this period that resulted in the JJB deal.

In saying that it does show what's possible under better circumstances so both RFC and SD should be looking to achieve such sales by working together. Unfortunately it seems we're well beyond that happening.

Edited by Frankie

Was the 500k not from UEFA cup year?

No, pretty sure it was from around 15 years ago.

I don't think we sold as much in 2007/08 because we couldn't produce enough strips.

No idea. I've naively accepted King's figure without further investigation. I'm very, very sorry. But, after further research, I think I can now confidently assert that sales have gone from 'lots' making us decent money, to 'fuck all' and making us fuck all. Of course the difference is that if we sell lots, we still make fuck all. I'll be saving my money and it looks like there's a fair few bears who think the same.

The first two words would have been plenty.

RST have let their opinion be known. They are wrong on all counts.

First, what percentage of the Rangers' support gave them the indication that they speak for the whole body of the Rangers' support? They don't.

Second, where do they get off recommending to the vast Rangers' support to NOT buy any official Rangers' merchandise? They are doing more harm to Rangers with this plea than they would have if they kept their mouth shut. They are very wrong in this.

Look at the letter from our chairman, who is quite qualified to advise the fans. Nowhere within that letter does he require the fans to stop buying merchandise. He does say that in the future he hopes for better situations with our retail partners -" I will be engaging our retail partners to find a way forward to deal with the current concern of fans that purchasing replica kit and other merchandise does not support the Club to the extent that historically has been the case."

RST take note, he does not ask for you to speak out on behalf (?) of the fans. Could there be a conflict of interest here, specifically the LIONBRAND?

If you want to see how to make a statement with dignity and class, look at the way Rangers First have indicated their displeasure with today's proceedings.

Please, RST, do not make any further announcements in the same vein before checking on the damage it could do to Rangers.

p.s. I do not subscribe to RST or Rangers First share schemes, so I have no bias to either one.

wow

just shut up and pay up?

absolutely moronic.

The evidence of the fall in sales, the fans I talk to at Ibrox, the fans I talk to at work and my friends. I haven't come across anyone "in the real world" who thinks that fans should continue to support the SD deal.

:roflmao:

Other than the £5 million, what leverage does King have? None! It's the fans who have leverage.

and the only way to do that is to give SD an incentive to return to the table and the only way to do that is through a boycott.

We can't push Ashley around but we can make it economically viable to return to the table. If you really think that we should continue getting shafted by SD by getting our 5p in the pound (or whatever it was) and not try and force an agreement that suits both parties then there's no point in discussing further.

King doesn't have to break off and he doesn't need Res 2. It's just posturing.

As for getting sales to historic levels, Kings knows and 99% of our support know that the only way to do that is to get SD back to the table to renegotiate and the only way of achieving that is through a boycott, otherwise SD have no incentive to it.

1. You know a finite number of people and no matter how popular you are you do not know the vast, vast majority of the Rangers' support. Neither does the RST.

2. Laugh now , but for how long?

3. DK is an astute business man and hopefully strikes a deal that is favourable all round. The fans power of a boycott will be counter productive to DK's discussions. The better way for the fans to use their power is to buy merchandize and more of it.

4. I've already said a boycott will not bring him to the table, the prospect of making money will. If we as fans try to dry up all sales we shall only be hurting Rangers, Ashley will be laughing all the way to the bank. Remember this man is ruthless and clever.

5. Have you not been reading all of this? I am advocating that by increased sales Rangers will get more than 5p. We can not assume that Ashley is impressed one way of the other by fans' boycotts. In fact these boycotts are playing into his hands, and could have really severe consequences for Rangers.

6. In any negotiating Ashley could bring the discussion to the point where he believes that DK should consult with his shareholders. DK has forestalled him by getting permission up front.

I'm telling you right now we cannot believe that the fans can be the tough guys in this, if they try to be they only play into SD's hands.

No, pretty sure it was from around 15 years ago.

I don't think we sold as much in 2007/08 because we couldn't produce enough strips.

Thanks, Frankie. I knew that the supply problems in 2008 had curtailed sales. It makes sense that figures around Advocaat's time would have been high due to the brand 'bounce' across the world. I don't think anyone apart from Adidas and Nike have that sort of pull.