Scottish Sun Back Page

By hiring the same PR man that Green brought on board, it would seem that your wishes will never be fulfilled. It would be great, mind.

To be fair, Stephen Kerr was involved with Rangers for many years before Traynor was brought in so he does have a decent understanding of such issues.

Does this mean he agreed with SDM/Bain's media policy or prefers Traynor's more direct approach? I'm not sure but I'd like to think both men understand our opinion on the media.

I guess how effective they'll be will depend entirely on just how hands on the likes of King and Roberston want to be when it comes to PR.

To be fair, Stephen Kerr was involved with Rangers for many years before Traynor was brought in so he does have a decent understanding of such issues.

Does this mean he agreed with SDM/Bain's media policy or prefers Traynor's more direct approach? I'm not sure but I'd like to think both men understand our opinion on the media.

I guess how effective they'll be will depend entirely on just how hands on the likes of King and Roberston want to be when it comes to PR.

PR is one thing, controlling media contacts in order to dupe the fans is another thing altogether. Being associated with SDM isn't something which I would regard as a positive. A bit of straight-talking from the Board may shock those sensitive souls within today's society in to giving themselves a shake.

PR is one thing, controlling media contacts in order to dupe the fans is another thing altogether. Being associated with SDM isn't something which I would regard as a positive. A bit of straight-talking from the Board may shock those sensitive souls within today's society in to giving themselves a shake.

I think the experience of working with micro-manager SDM (and his proxy Bain) is a good one - if only to see how difficult it can be to do your job when others think they know it better.

I, for one, am no expert but certainly agree with you that straight-shooting may be more to the club's benefit than hiding from or spinning subjects. The last few years has seen (or should have seen) most Rangers fans become more tuned to such crap. We just want honesty and I don't think that is too much to ask.

Why would any decent person buy or read the Sun

Sensible people don't buy these rhags but I'd imagine the type of person who'd buy the Sun would need to get someone to read it to them

Edited by RANGERRAB

I think the experience of working with micro-manager SDM (and his proxy Bain) is a good one - if only to see how difficult it can be to do your job when others think they know it better.

I, for one, am no expert but certainly agree with you that straight-shooting may be more to the club's benefit than hiding from or spinning subjects. The last few years has seen (or should have seen) most Rangers fans become more tuned to such crap. We just want honesty and I don't think that is too much to ask.

In a normal world spin should be kept to a minimum but the world at Ibrox has been anything but normal fo far too long a time.

Indeed, the world itself finds itself with spin occupying an ever greater part within information flows and/or media reporting.

Rangers have almost become a testing ground wrt spin, how far it can take you, how recipients can become almost dependent on it and how much you can make on the back of it.

Since CW entered the saga, I've always called the Mediahouse association with the club as a 'Continuity Bridge for Robbing Bastards'. A book could be written about this relationship and how it evolved throughout the years.

Without the 'expert' facilitation of MH, the last few years wouldn't have been allowed to get so far.

I think you have to seperate the type of spin that facilitates the profiteering for individuals or groups and the type of spin that eg. exaggerates things like signing targets. The latter, although often misleading, regrettably seems to be part of football/journalism and it's up to the individual to see through such stories BUT the former is actually doing DAMAGE to the club.

As it stands, there is a PR war.

The Dark forces of Evil are marshalled by Mediahouse on behalf of 'Robbing Bastards' and their MO and to the keen observer, the results have been all too apparent for the past few years.

Level 5 are on the club's side and are forced to react to this.

This reaction seems to be on a number of levels and incorporates the counter-attack to the Dark Forces efforts. These are discrediting the current board, the SD boycott and trying to make the club's financial situation weaker (ST numbers).

The Exposingtherhats blog is an interesting and IMO an encouraging development.

If done carefully with attention, detail, It has the opportunity of changing the Darker PR landscape surrounding Rangers.

Mediahouse have been the 'Toxic Constant' throughout the last few years,.....we need to metaphorically blow their involvement with things Rangers out of the water.

Edited by buster.