Supporters Consultation Group Minutes

What's derogatory?

I think you must be trying to take the mickey here because it's pretty obvious that calling the supporters groups "self-interest groups" is derogatory and it's pretty obvious that you meant it to be derogatory as well.

I think you must be trying to take the mickey here because it's pretty obvious that calling the supporters groups "self-interest groups" is derogatory and it's pretty obvious that you meant it to be derogatory as well.

Regardless of my personal views, it is what they are, simply, they are there to serve the interests of their members. There would be no need for two separate organisations if they had a singular goal. Let's not forget that RF was set up after the toys, once again, came out the RST pram.

The club has to start somewhere and with someone. For the first time in ... well, living memory, the club is being run by Rangers supporters or at least people with the best interest of club & company at heart. There sure is no easy way to get supporters of this massive institution under one umbrella quickly, if at all. Remember that even we here on the board cannot agree on certain players or team selections. Same with all great clubs around Britain or Europe. One future option might be some sort of membership scheme, which is in place at various clubs (to a certain degree of success).

But more importantly, the club talks to the support and you would hope it listens to the support as well. And I have some confidence that the people in place at the club now will listen and act accordingly than any board did before them.

NB: The successes and failures of the various supporters' groups have been done to death here. Right now, how about looking for the future instead of dragging the skeletons out of the cellar?

Edited by der Berliner

Regardless of my personal views, it is what they are, simply, they are there to serve the interests of their members. There would be no need for two separate organisations if they had a singular goal. Let's not forget that RF was set up after the toys, once again, came out the RST pram.

Really, tell me more.

In that case, has Alan Harris been reinstated yet, or is the non-ratification of the constitution only relevant when it suits? ;)

The non-ratification of the constitution didn't have anything to do with the fate of AH and his departure certainly didn't "suit" me in any shape or form.

The non-ratification of the constitution didn't have anything to do with the fate of AH and his departure certainly didn't "suit" me in any shape or form.

If the constitution wasn't ratified, did the club have the authority to remove him from the Board as they did?

It wasn't aimed at you personally. :tu:

If the constitution wasn't ratified, did the club have the authority to remove him from the Board as they did?

It wasn't aimed at you personally. :tu:

My own understanding is that it did and had the constitution been ratified at that point then the Club would have found it harder to remove him (again that's my own opinion).