Last season on the way home after the abandoned game against Heart, the driver had on BBC Sportsound or whatever it's called. English was co-hosting, his relish and glee at blaming Rangers for the abandonment was clear, then he heard there was some indecent with the fans coming out of Ibrox, storm-in- a -tea- cup as it turned out, but he latched on to it like a limpet making it all our fault without being aware of all the circumstances. Turned it it was some snowballs being throw mostly from Hearts fans.

My point is he doesn't hold other clubs and their support up to the same intense scrutiny nor demand they face the same level of investigation, when there is any problems with them.

Sorry, I wasn't around yesterday but have published this to the main site today as I found the comments interesting and fair.

http://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/current-affairs/416-tom-english-s-reflex

I think the problem with English isn't so much that he's anti-RFC (he is) it's that he's more balanced than the likes of Spiers as, FWIW, English is more critical of others when it comes to the indiscretions of other clubs.

As such, while you can't really call him (overly) biased, the quality of his arguments are often very poor for someone who is capable of better. In that sense, I think English is being obtuse on some issues which makes him less than genuine.

so his reasons for backing up his points of view aren't very good (when it comes to us)

what do you mean by "obtuse" ?

That he's deliberately non-observant and/or slow to pick up.

yep......."deliberately"

Do you think that's just a debating technique. I noticed Craig Houston say English interrupted him to try to make him lose his train of thought

Yes it is a debating technique. A poor one.

His silence at times on the behaviour of other fans though is deafening. I agree he really does seem to think we should model citizens at all times, regardless of what is thrown at us. I do get frustrated because if we try to complain, we get accused of whataboutery. The green side of Glasgow are constantly praised for apparently removing all forms of sectarianism, racism, sexism and any other ism you wish. But there is no acknowledgment of Rangers' progress.

I suppose it is hard to really claim bias when you are biased yourself, but there are certainly patterns. It always seems to be more rife when Rangers do better as well.

Sorry, I wasn't around yesterday but have published this to the main site today as I found the comments interesting and fair.

http://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/current-affairs/416-tom-english-s-reflex

I think the problem with English isn't so much that he's anti-RFC (he is) it's that he's more balanced than the likes of Spiers as, FWIW, English is more critical of others when it comes to the indiscretions of other clubs.

As such, while you can't really call him (overly) biased, the quality of his arguments are often very poor for someone who is capable of better. In that sense, I think English is being obtuse on some issues which makes him less than genuine.

I think that's spot on.

All the best and balanced football reporters mostly work down in England, those at the other end of the scale find work in Scotland.

I prefer to watch and listen to MotD or SSN, than anything Scottish TV or radio has to offer, it's been that way for me for longer than I can remember.

I agree on English. However, Craig nailed him to the mast with his point about why take us off the air not Dundee or celtc.

But they were completely different. I'm not saying how but they were. Very, very different indeed. Couldn't be more different. Not the same in any way at all. Tom made that perfectly clear.

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg