Thought id take advantage and create this afore colshy!

Rooney to start then *yawn*

Gary Neville out with an ankle injury.

i think aaron lennon earned a start after his game against T & T but Sven probably never noticed.

england only need a draw to confirm top spot, but they dont play that well sitting back.

not to mention its been 38 :eek: years since England beat Sweden! i only thot it was 25 ish

colshy's view ?

Well you're getting mine. Sweden are the first good side England have faced, and I completely expect Sweden to win this group. I don't often support Larsson, but I'll be right behind him to bang in a hat trick.

England just aren't very good. It's that simple.

Guest grovecot

The sports reporter on Radio 4 this morning said something like, "A draw would suit both sides so don't expect much from tonight's game." and I think he's right.

Also, Sven said he's resting some players since his team have qualified for the next round so I doubt they're taking it too seriously.

On the other hand neither side have been impressive so far and definitely have something to prove so maybe it'll be more than a training exercise but I doubt it.

Aye, expect a 'carve-up' - both teams will be happy with a draw as both will progress to the next round.

However, I'll be cheering on England as I hope T&T win and Big Marv gets to the next round. The Big Guy deserves a chance at the WC - keep believing Marv..

Cammy F

Aye, expect a 'carve-up' - both teams will be happy with a draw as both will progress to the next round.

However, I'll be cheering on England as I hope T&T win and Big Marv gets to the next round. The Big Guy deserves a chance at the WC - keep believing Marv..

Cammy F

IF T&T get to the 2nd round I highly doubt the coach will play Marv which is a huge shame for him but the 2 centre halves for T&T have been played well in the previous games.

the thing about sweden is that zlatan is missing with a groin tear, so they`ll be severely weakened and he`s the one player i was fearing playing against rio.

i`m expecting the team to be....

.................................................robinson...........................................

.......carragher.....................................................................a.cole......

..................................ferdinand...........j.t..........................................

..............................................hargreaves..........................................

.................beckham.......................................................j.cole...........

............................................lampard/gerrard(1 or other).....................

.................................rooney...........................................................

.......................................................owen........................................

i believe sven will rest 1 of lamps and stevie g, but not both as it`s just too big a loss, but obviously he can`t play both because their both on yellows. also, crouch won`t play and rooney will come in because crouch is on a yellow.

the one change that team may have is hargreaves at the defensive midfield. he has the option to play carrick there too but he may well opt for hargreaves who he favours over carrick.

i expect him to revert to a diamond because of the way england were embaressed by t and t in the last game. it was too obvious that there were too many runners from midfield not being picked off and leaving the defence vulnerable and therefore he should revert to a defensive midfielder to combat this.

but, with sven, you NEVER know what your going to get!

score prediction... sewden...1 england...2:D

dont see why any thinks they'll be happy with a draw :confused:

winner plays ecuador the loser faces germany, i know who i'd rather face :confused:

altho do expect the outcome to be a draw i dont believe it will be palyed for!