Dunno wat to make of the game. Certainly dont think either will be there at the end. Sweden I thought were lucky to get a point but kept pushing I guess

I thought England were the better team in the first half but the swedes defended well and Rooney couldn't get his shots past the defenders. The first goal was one of those that rarely work but now and again they dip perfectly. It was a great goal but they can't expect one of those every game.

In the second half Sweden were very dominant and were unlucky with the save off the line, hitting the bar twice and being denied a blatant penalty. They were a bit loose at the back though and there was nobody marking at the back post allowing a free header for England's second goal which was totally against the run of play.

I think England have been lucky for all three games and that luck could just be about to even itself up. Yes they've avoided Germany - they are happy because they presumpiously want them for the final. :rolleyes: However they could be quite possibly be put out by Equador if their luck changes, and not really have had a big glamour tie at all.

Thinking about it though, the last time England were pretty average but seemed to be lucky in almost every game, they got to the semi-final where they finally played very well and unluckily lost on penalties...

But Germany were awesome up until then and had a bad game. They deserved to go through for their overall performances.

Eh, but Larrson didn't score tho....:rolleyes:

From what I saw of the game it looked like England controlled the first half and Sweden the second. I haven't seen a lot of England in this touriment but IMO their right hand side is a concern. Neither Neville nor Carragher are good right backs and this negates the obvious threat of Beckham.

For so long their left hand side was weak, but with the 2 Coles, this has improved vastly. Campbell looked poor last night and as I said prior to the World Cup - England's first choice, fully fit 11 is a match for anyone. However, given Rooneys lack of games, an apparent horrendous injury to Owen (who wasn't fit anyway) and Rio limping off, I can't see them getting to far.

Cammy F

Eh, but Larrson didn't score tho....:rolleyes:

From what I saw of the game it looked like England controlled the first half and Sweden the second. I haven't seen a lot of England in this touriment but IMO their right hand side is a concern. Neither Neville nor Carragher are good right backs and this negates the obvious threat of Beckham.

Cammy F

Who scored Swedens 2nd goal? I thought it was Larsson cause he ran away celebrating and all the players ran over to him. I was sitting far away from the TV and hand my eye and hands on other things so I kinda missed who got the last touch.

I think G.Neville is a good right back, always consistent and plays for the shirt.

Who scored Swedens 2nd goal? I thought it was Larsson cause he ran away celebrating and all the players ran over to him. I was sitting far away from the TV and hand my eye and hands on other things so I kinda missed who got the last touch.

I think G.Neville is a good right back, always consistent and plays for the shirt.

The centre-half - TV replays clearly show that it wasn't Larrsonn.. :D

Cammy F

They credited it to Larsson but it was a coin flip as to whether it was him or the #3 (not sure of his name) - they both went for it and it was VERY difficult to see who got the last touch Gav

We should just do what the mhedia do, it makes a better story for Larsson to score against England so lets run with that and splatter him all over the back pages.

I wonder if the centre half's pic would have been on our back pages if it was clearly his goal? I think not.

They credited it to Larsson but it was a coin flip as to whether it was him or the #3 (not sure of his name) - they both went for it and it was VERY difficult to see who got the last touch Gav

Mellberg of Aston Villa