Breaking: Green, Whyte And Whitehouse to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court tomorrow

Maybe I need to make my point a bit more plain and using everyday knowledge.

The loan to the bank was secured on the stadium etc, you sell those assets to the fans and pay off the bank. The bank says, thank you very much and releases its security. Does it not work that way?

What you're basically advocating has the effect of placing Ibrox into the hands of HMRC via an act of gratuitous alienation.

If Whyte,Green & others are charged & found guilty then I hope they face the consequences for what they did.

But we cannot overlook the roles played by both LBG & HMRC in all of this. Had it not been for these two organisations then there wouldhave been no Craig Whyte or CharlesGreen.They effectively made Rangers unsellable to reputable buyers

Did LBG force SDM to sell to Whyte? If so why, especially when thereafter they withdrew all credit facilities to Whyte making the business virtually unworkable. And did Muir get £1m in the process? Why? Consider too that Rangers £18m bankdebt was around 3 percent of the MIH debt of £750m

And what of HMRC chasing a fictitious EBT tax bill of anything between £24m to £75m depending upon which paper you read? So flawed it failed both its own internal FTTT & UTTT appeals.

The real villians are those within these organisations IMO with a passionate hatred of our great club who mis-used their positions to inflict damage. And, of course, the political influence too. Nearly forgot that

Do we have to go through this AGAIN ? It is tiresome now.

It wasn't a fictitious liability. It was one that under HMRC tax guidance they had a right to chase. They don't always win such cases but it wasn't fictitious. We can argue all day long about whether they were deliberately, unfairly focused on Rangers - but that doesn't make the EBT liability fictitious. And has been seen on MANY occasions with HMRC cases, them losing the FTTT & UTTT appeals also doesn't indicate it was fictitious. It indicates that their interpretation of tax law was flawed. Tax law has always been open to interpretation.

I still doubt the LBG influence, though can see the political influence knowing the politician you allude to. That said, absolutely nothing would surprise me in the last 3 year omnishambles that we have had to endure.

As Frankie says there really does need to be a public enquiry.

STV News ‏@STVNews 12m12 minutes ago

Update: David Whitehouse, co-administrator of Rangers oldco has also been detained by police http://news.stv.tv/west-central/1327848-ex-rangers-chief-executive-charles-green-detained-in-police-custody/'>http://news.stv.tv/west-central/1327848-ex-rangers-chief-executive-charles-green-detained-in-police-custody/ …

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/1327848-ex-rangers-chief-executive-charles-green-detained-in-police-custody/

David Whitehouse (of D&P) has also been detained...

Please can I also remind all our users to be very careful in how they discuss these proceedings.

Edited by Frankie

LBG forcing SDM to sell to Whyte then withdrawing all bank credit once Whyte got control. You couldn't make this up ? deliberate sabotage

Why are the two not mutually exclusive ?

We, or the Murray Group, had been indebted to LBG for years. We also had a tax case against us which could have seen multiple millions in additional debt clocked up. As soon as SDM sold to Whyte (regardless of whether you believe LBG forced it or not) they absolutely did the right thing for LBG and its shareholders by pulling the plug on credit facilities. The EBT case was still hanging around our neck.

Whyte proved that LBG made the right decision. The fact he didn't pay payroll taxes for months after the initial purchase, having already sold ST's to Ticketus, the fact we went into administration and ultimately the liquidation process, proved that LBG made a very shrewd BUSINESS decision by not extending credit to Rangers. I highly doubt Whyte would have been able to save Rangers even with LBG credit available - which means that, unless secured, LBG would have lost the credit that Whyte drew down upon.

Post sale to Whyte they made smart decisions.

Why are the two not mutually exclusive ?

We, or the Murray Group, had been indebted to LBG for years. We also had a tax case against us which could have seen multiple millions in additional debt clocked up. As soon as SDM sold to Whyte (regardless of whether you believe LBG forced it or not) they absolutely did the right thing for LBG and its shareholders by pulling the plug on credit facilities. The EBT case was still hanging around our neck.

Whyte proved that LBG made the right decision. The fact he didn't pay payroll taxes for months after the initial purchase, having already sold ST's to Ticketus, the fact we went into administration and ultimately the liquidation process, proved that LBG made a very shrewd BUSINESS decision by not extending credit to Rangers. I highly doubt Whyte would have been able to save Rangers even with LBG credit available - which means that, unless secured, LBG would have lost the credit that Whyte drew down upon.

Post sale to Whyte they made smart decisions.

And there was me thinking banks were supposed to support businesses.....................................

It was both LBG & HMRC who caused a chancer like WHYTE (& subsequently Green) to appear on the scene. A chance to make a quick buck then depart. Or so they'd hoped