Heroes in our time

Fine but you fail to understand or pick-up on my main point.

Its not a failure to understand or pick up on the points you have raised Buster - Im afraid its more negative than that. You and I both are advocates of fan ownership, but until the model of ownership changes we are going to pretty powerless to deal with the situations some of which you refer to.

As you say we trust the current regime but the actual ownership model is still open to abuse - thought I accept they have granted greaater scrutiny by allowing some fan ownership representation.

Its not a failure to understand or pick up on the points you have raised Buster - Im afraid its more negative than that. You and I both are advocates of fan ownership' date=' but until the model of ownership changes we are going to pretty powerless to deal with the situations some of which you refer to.

As you say we trust the current regime but the actual ownership model is still open to abuse - thought I accept they have granted greaater scrutiny by allowing some fan ownership representation.[/quote']

Nobody could have done anything to stop Green getting control that is why Paul Clark and David Whitehouse are now facing charges. It is easy and pointless to take the high horse and say I saw it from the beginning. When anyone takes over you have no option at that moment but to trust them. Even AJ shouted from the roof tops that Whyte was bad but not even he could do anything to change it and he was the Rangers chairman. Yes we can watch and note but you can only act when the murky waters become clear and the Rangers fans did that in their thousands and are still doing against Ashely. We really have a fantastic support. Even now some mistrust King as you mistrusted Green and Whyte, Do we act now and throw them out today or do we trust until proven guilty. It is not all black and White. Bloody colours I hate them.:)

Nobody could have done anything to stop Green getting control that is why Paul Clark and David Whitehouse are now facing charges. It is easy and pointless to take the high horse and say I saw it from the beginning. When anyone takes over you have no option at that moment but to trust them. Even AJ shouted from the roof tops that Whyte was bad but not even he could do anything to change it and he was the Rangers chairman. Yes we can watch and note but you can only act when the murky waters become clear and the Rangers fans did that in their thousands and are still doing against Ashely. We really have a fantastic support. Even now some mistrust King as you mistrusted Green and Whyte, Do we act now and throw them out today or do we trust until proven guilty. It is not all black and White. Bloody colours I hate them.:)

Agreed Pete and that is what Im trying to explain to Buster - we were powerless to stop most of what transpired while we were still confined by the model of ownership we have at our club.

It becomes even more depressing when you consider even board members themselves were unable to stop Murray selling to Whyte despite the clear reservations they had.

For all the fan militancy referred to earlier - it was the exercise of the power of money - King & the 3 bears buying the necessary shares which was the gamechanger

Agreed Pete and that is what Im trying to explain to Buster - we were powerless to stop most of what transpired while we were still confined by the model of ownership we have at our club.

It becomes even more depressing when you consider even board members themselves were unable to stop Murray selling to Whyte despite the clear reservations they had.

For all the fan militancy referred to earlier - it was the exercise of the power of money - King & the 3 bears buying the necessary shares which was the gamechanger

Agree 100%, the takeover of the Rangers shares put the old board in Check. The addition of the rangers fans buying shares helped in the lethal Checkmate. Unfortunately we could not change things before the old board ran up a spree of dubious contracts that tie our hands for 7 years plus unless SD work an agreement.

• 4 weeks later...

We were relatively powerless whilst we (as a support) remained so divided, thanks in part to the extensive and wide-ranging remit given to Mediahouse (MH). One apsect of this was preying on divisions and widening them, creating gaps for some, uncrossable in the short-term.

The reason so much time, money and effort went on spin wasn't because "fan militancy" is ineffective......it was to keep it at a level that was relatively ineffective. A good example was the 'crisis management' employed by the then board in August 2013 after the Letter of Requisition (LoR) was delivered. What was vital for the respective motions in that LoR to stand a chance was loud and unequivical 'fan militancy' supporting it that persuaded the likes of eg. Laxey partners that this was where any successful future for the football club lay.

Now that LoR failed for a number of reasons with the fundamental reason being that they were always behind the 'eight-ball' because of the 'crisis management' carried out by MH which helped confuse, raise doubts and split the support. This made the task very, very difficult and produced fisures within the management of the then requisitioners/institutions (who provided the mandate).

What it required was a unified support giving backing to the requisitioners. Not because they all thought that X, Y and Z were the perfect people for the club going forward but that they recognised the need to get rid of a cancer or at least take it's power away and put in place people who could start a process to reclaim the club.

What we got was groups like the SoS coming to the fore doing their bit BUT opposed by too many other groups/messageboards/bloggers. There wasn't a recognition or acceptence of what our major problem was at the time and the urgent need to force radical change as best we could............. For this I'd mention the protestors when you put up a thread about "heroes" but also like others to take on board lessons from their mistakes.

The general situation required a general overview that goes beyond individual/group interests. We should have recognised that a process needs various steps, that without that first major hurdle being jumped we were flinging shite at the moon and some had to radically change their stance.

--------------------------------

Back in the day when I mentioned calling chancers like Green, Whyte and Ashley out, I didn't do it for self-praise.......I did it to firstly show a track record to make people at least listen and plead that they made any effort that they could to help force the cancer out.