Purple strip yesterday

I agree completely; no reason to change and certainly no reason to wear purple.

I'll repeat (an earlier post here) what I said at an AGM some years ago after we wore a two tone purple strip v Partick Thistle. The Glasgow Rangers should always play in some combination of red, white and blue. This brought thunderous applause, though I say so myself. SDM replied that if that what was what was wanted by "the body of the kirk" then so be it. So far as I know that strip was never used again.

For marketing purposes only. Which really sticks in the throat given that most well-minding Bears are boycotting strips until Ashley plays fair.

Don't like the purple either, and given our blue tops were perfectly fine against Dumbartons colours, it was a terrible decision by the club to go through with this.

My guess is we are contractually obliged to wear it on a certain number of occasions and our board had to oblige, and picked one of the few away games not televised live to limit the exposure given to something that will only make money for SD and Ashley, not us.

The sooner we can get a fair contract for merch the better for all concerned, and we might even be able to align ourselves with a top quality manufacturer and distributor.

It would be interesting to know how many of those who think we should always wear red, white and blue disagree with past orange tops also, and I guess the black one??

I still liked the purple kit in 94-95 although don't know why we had it. The one we have this season is shocking.

I don't mind teams wearing an away kit away from home on occasion.

The best matching home and away tops was 92-93 during the Champions league run, when the away matched the home bar the colours.

Relive lots of strips here http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/r/rangers/old-rangers-football-shirts-t172.html

It sounds like marketing. However, I'd suggest that teams nowadays need third kit which is slightly out there. A team should wear a Home shirt at Home matches and Away kits at Away matches. When a team reaches Europe then if an Away strip clashes with the Home Kit of the opposition -- or vice versa -- then I think one needs a slightly different third kit.

Although, I like the tradition in what BH said: "...Rangers should always play in some combination of red, white and blue." I suppose red (Third kit) and White (Away kit) would be sufficiently different to negate any clashes?

It sounds like marketing. However, I'd suggest that teams nowadays need third kit which is slightly out there. A team should wear a Home shirt at Home matches and Away kits at Away matches. When a team reaches Europe then if an Away strip clashes with the Home Kit of the opposition -- or vice versa -- then I think one needs a slightly different third kit.

Although, I like the tradition in what BH said: "...Rangers should always play in some combination of red, white and blue." I suppose red (Third kit) and White (Away kit) would be sufficiently different to negate any clashes?

If the away strip clashes with the home strip of the host team then BOTH should wear their home strip.

Nothing more than a money-grabbing exercise by Clubs these days. The fans pay plenty through ST's and regular merchandise without having a 3rd strip to buy at exorbitant prices !

If the away strip clashes with the home strip of the host team then BOTH should wear their home strip.

Nothing more than a money-grabbing exercise by Clubs these days. The fans pay plenty through ST's and regular merchandise without having a 3rd strip to buy at exorbitant prices !

I agree with you. However, we don't really see both teams wearing Home kits. Is there some rule in place?