Charles Green takes Rangers to court over legal fees after his arrest

I may be cynical, but this looks like part of a plan to whip up as much public controversy as possible in the hope that they can claim that the case has been predjuduced.

This is my first post so please be gentle guys. Having read the club statement earlier today it crossed my mind that what we are seeing is possibly mischief making by the BBC. Green is reported to be looking for his legal bills to be paid. Apart from the errant nonsense in that idea I would've thought his first port of call would be to contact our club rather than talking to the BBC. The club say they have had no contact.

This is my first post so please be gentle guys. Having read the club statement earlier today it crossed my mind that what we are seeing is possibly mischief making by the BBC. Green is reported to be looking for his legal bills to be paid. Apart from the errant nonsense in that idea I would've thought his first port of call would be to contact our club rather than talking to the BBC. The club say they have had no contact.

Toxic Jack lifts the phone and tells BBC Scotland's Senior Football Reporter, Chris McLaughlin to amplify the latest piece of misinformation.

Ever wondered why dearest Chris has NEVER subjected himself to the Cosgrove and Cowan show? Ever wondered why he no longer appears on the Saturday evening discussion section of the show? The answer to the second question is simple, Richard Wilson. Thus, the first question demands another question, when and where is McLaughlin up for scrutiny?

STATEMENT on behalf of Rangers Chairman Dave King

Charles Green approached the Club prior to his arrest and demanded that we pay his legal costs in respect of his co-operation with Police Scotland in its criminal investigation into his time as an officer of the Club.

I advised him that we would not do so. He was subsequently arrested and has now approached the Court to compel the Club to pay the legal costs of his defence to the criminal charges. This application will be strongly resisted.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/10191-dave-king-statement?utm_content=bufferd86d9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I'm not sure how Green can have the courts demand Rangers pay his legal fees given the charges brought against him are criminal charges relating to how his group came to gain control of Rangers - how can you demand the very company that your charges relate to pay your legal fees when that company are the victim of the actions that brought about the charges - that is insane. Then again this is Charles Green, nothing should be off the table.

STATEMENT on behalf of Rangers Chairman Dave King

Charles Green approached the Club prior to his arrest and demanded that we pay his legal costs in respect of his co-operation with Police Scotland in its criminal investigation into his time as an officer of the Club.

I advised him that we would not do so. He was subsequently arrested and has now approached the Court to compel the Club to pay the legal costs of his defence to the criminal charges. This application will be strongly resisted.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/10191-dave-king-statement