Former Rangers player Stephen Hughes ploughed his van into pedestrian railing.

You are missing my point I think. Either that or I am. I don't give a shit about Stephen Hughes. What I do care about is the Daily record using this article to blacken the name of our football club. why is the story not ex-Motherwell player? He played more games for Motherwell than he did for us. They have headed this article under the heading of Rangers FC. Why? This is not Rangers FC news so why are they heading it as such? I will tell you why. Putting it under a Motherwell FC heading will not sell 1 paper more but dragging Rangers FC's name through the mud, will probably. Personally I don't care what forum this is in but it is the name of Rangers they are trying to blacken so it is Rangers chat to me. I find the point more Important than what forum it is in to be honest and I am pretty surprised there has been a bigger uproar to what forum this should be in as to the point I am making. End of rant but I am pissed off with this.

Your point is spot on Pete.

If the story was Hughes saves man from burning flat it would have been ex-Motherwell player Hughes.

The Daily Rhebel has plenty, plenty previous for this sort of stuff, as do the other tabloids, but they do not balance it with ex-celts in court stories.

Why do people get their knickers in such a twist about where people post new threads? If it's in the wrong room then admin will move it. Hardly a big deal.

As for the topic, Hughes was never a professional footballer but it's sad to see someone ruin the career they had or waste the money they earned. He seems to have gone off the rails recently.

I like to get my knickers in a twist about stuff like this because it is not often that I look for news about other teams. I only come here to keep up with, er, Rangers Chat. I don't like reading stuff from anti-Rangers bloggers either but every now and then it turns up.:(

Guest House Of Baelish

Rangers player crashes van whilst 3 times over the limit will catch more eyes than say, ex Motherwell or Norwich. Its got more to do with making money in a failing industry than blackening our name.

To be honest, This article as well as this thread has nowt to do with our club or the story at hand. If dragging up drunk driving stories involving failed youth prospects from 10 years ago is the best they can do then fire away.