"You'll like this - Not a lot"

Anybody can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way – that is not within everybody’s power and is not easy.”

(Aristotle)

In terms of anger, it is difficult to calculate which would be the most infuriating. Whether the writings of blogger John James are part of an ongoing battle between two PR companies where our club is both the battleground as well as recipient of collateral damage, or, as has been alleged, forms part of the latest campaign by “Celtic minded” individuals to de-stabilise our club. Whilst both possible scenarios are particularly unedifying, history has demonstrated that many are willing to tread the unedifying road in order to inflict damage on our club.

There exists, of course a third possibility. That John James is entirely accurate in his assessment and that the various allegations he makes about our current board, and in particular Dave King, have some merit. However, having witnessed our good friend PZJ completely usurp a number of Mr James’ claims when he posted on the now extinct Rangers Supporters Loyal comments section of their website, I would have my reservations. When I use the term “completely usurp” I refer to the presentation of facts in such a way, which quite literally ripped Mr James a new one. Of course, should Auchenhowie be closed this month, or Admin 2 befall us, I will be forced to review my assessment of his accuracy.

Those who read my articles in WATP magazine will be familiar with my use of the word “vigilance”. It’s a double edge sword in as much as that vigilance should be exercised not only to the custodians of our club but also to those who seek to undermine them. There are still a lot of bruised egos out there following the not so distant power struggle and it has become clear that it is not only scorned women for whom hell hath no fury. As a Rangers fan I find it impossible to reconcile any wish or desire to see this current board fail. That viewpoint is held not because of an unswerving loyalty to the current incumbents but from a stark realisation of the consequences for our club were they to do so.

There is perhaps a lesson in all of this for our board, or it may well be the lessons have already been learnt. But promises made to the support require to be realistic and actionable as well as delivered. There may well be bona fide reasons why the promised Nomad is still not in place, but does that not deter from the fact it was an assurance given which has not yet come to fruition. Whilst it may well be that has been caused by circumstances beyond the control of the current board that in itself serves to underline that the original assurance should have been tempered somewhat.

Fortunately there is an antidote available to our board to counter the effects of those intent on spreading poison – it’s called actions speak louder than words. It would be refreshing and reassuring for the support if the man with the magic hat was able to pull the promised investment from it in order to strengthen our squad in preparation for next season.

Would our detractors like that?

Not a lot. But we would.

Edited by D'Artagnan

Having not read anything that John James has alleged about the current Board, can someone please enlighten me as to what they accuse them of?

I made the mistake of having a cursory glance and the blogs are very similar in vibe to that of the rangers tax case and phil 3 names stuff. Wouldn't be surprised if its the same people involved in all 3.

Anyway from what i could figure out they are saying that King has no money and has gone against his promises. We will run out of cash this month and the club will go into admin again. That was the gist i took away anyway.

Usual scaremongering stuff trying to throw enough mud hoping something sticks then they can say they are a legitimate news source. Maybe someone who has looked through in more depth can give a better response than i did.

I made the mistake of having a cursory glance and the blogs are very similar in vibe to that of the rangers tax case and phil 3 names stuff. Wouldn't be surprised if its the same people involved in all 3.

Anyway from what i could figure out they are saying that King has no money and has gone against his promises. We will run out of cash this month and the club will go into admin again. That was the gist i took away anyway.

Usual scaremongering stuff trying to throw enough mud hoping something sticks then they can say they are a legitimate news source. Maybe someone who has looked through in more depth can give a better response than i did.

Having just 'Googled' John James Rangers, I too have made the same mistake. :D

Very concerning if we are to believe these ramblings, though D'Artagnan hints that a PJZ "unsurps" Mr James, I'd be delighted to see this if possible?

There is a very similar convergence of thought Beardy regarding the ramblings of those you mention, so much so,one could be forgiven for thinking that its almost contrived.

The comment section of his blog is particularly revealing. Financial expertise and South African Law Tax experts - there appears to be no limit to some of the talent and "expertise" therein. Again, much as we have seen before.

Edited by D'Artagnan

I thought John Gilligan explained the Nomad situation the RST. There's a thread on here about it.

Does the OP not believe him ?

Thats a spectacular quantum leap - given what is written.

There may well be bona fide reasons why the promised Nomad is still not in place, but does that not deter from the fact it was an assurance given which has not yet come to fruition.
Edited by D'Artagnan

It was a simple question given what John Gilligan said

" JOHN Gilligan, the Rangers director, last night stressed the Ibrox club is “striving” for a listing on the ISDX Stock Exchange and still intends to raise money at a share issue in future.

However, Gilligan admitted their efforts had been “hamstrung” by other events in the last few months – including Charles Green’s bid to get them to pay the legal costs at his forthcoming criminal trial.

"There may well be bona fide reasons why the promised Nomad is still not in place,".............Gilligan is telling you There WERE reasons