Gordon Smith: Dear Gordon Strachan...

As much as I'd like to see Gordon Smith keeping his nose out of other folks business and stopping writing his shitey open letters to managers, he's right this time, Strachan should step down/aside and let someone else have a crack at qualifying for the World Cup.

As much as I'd like to see Gordon Smith keeping his nose out of other folks business and stopping writing his shitey open letters to managers, he's right this time, Strachan should step down/aside and let someone else have a crack at qualifying for the World Cup.

Who would you put in charge though? A new man comes in and changes the style of play could mean going back a step and affect qualification next time around. Id stick with Strachan but would like to see him bring in Big Eck as his number two.

I don't think Strachan is a great manager, but he's a manager with Premiership and last 16 CL experience (twice) and I don't know who would be a better candidate. Ultimately, until Scotland have a pool of players that don't largely consist of second rate English championship players, we aren't going to get anywhere. We are about to go at least 20 years without qualifying for a major tournament, and it is time for the root problem to be tackled. Even if Scotland did scrape their way to a major tournament, it wouldn't have a happy ending.

The disappointing thing with Strachan though is we were really flying under him, things have now gone downhill. I suspect things won't really get much better under him, but I can't think of anyone who is likely to do much better.

Right on track Henry McLeish appears on tv waffling about forming yet another committee to yet again sort out the future of Scottish football. The same rubbish has been spouted since the 70's. Our game continues to decline. To the subject at hand, Strapon failed. He should go. Who should replace him ? No idea, the SFA don't pay me hundreds of thousands of pounds to decide that.

Right on track Henry McLeish appears on tv waffling about forming yet another committee to yet again sort out the future of Scottish football. The same rubbish has been spouted since the 70's. Our game continues to decline. To the subject at hand, Strapon failed. He should go. Who should replace him ? No idea, the SFA don't pay me hundreds of thousands of pounds to decide that.

That is not entirely Strachan's fault. I believe that can be laid at the feet of the SFA board, and the cull should start with them and go all the way down, just as Rangers did.

Why reward mediocrity? Nothing is improving - not the National team, the youth teams, amateur football nor grassroots activities.

The culture and philosophy emanating from Hampden is pervasive and requires to be replaced.

Even the fans, 12,000 of whom cheered the failures after the Gibraltar victory, need a reset.

That is not entirely Strachan's fault. I believe that can be laid at the feet of the SFA board, and the cull should start with them and go all the way down, just as Rangers did.

Why reward mediocrity? Nothing is improving - not the National team, the youth teams, amateur football nor grassroots activities.

The culture and philosophy emanating from Hampden is pervasive and requires to be replaced.

Even the fans, 12,000 of whom cheered the failures after the Gibraltar victory, need a reset.

The SFA in my opinion have been totally responsible for the decline in Scottish football at all levels. Unfortunately though there is no way we are or ever were going to be able to remove them. Since I became aware of just how incompetent they really were back in the seventies I've been calling for them to be cleared out, starting at the very top. Strapon has failed. Despite the blue skies a few games ago, to finish 4th in that group is a disgrace and a failure. What is really getting my goat is that whether he stays or leaves will be entirely his decision . True to their own abilities the SFA will stand back and wait to see what he decides instead of handing him his P45.

The SFA in my opinion have been totally responsible for the decline in Scottish football at all levels. Unfortunately though there is no way we are or ever were going to be able to remove them. Since I became aware of just how incompetent they really were back in the seventies I've been calling for them to be cleared out, starting at the very top. Strapon has failed. Despite the blue skies a few games ago, to finish 4th in that group is a disgrace and a failure. What is really getting my goat is that whether he stays or leaves will be entirely his decision . True to their own abilities the SFA will stand back and wait to see what he decides instead of handing him his P45.

The Poland squad we were up against has players from the Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Le Ligue 1. We are largely comprised of second rate championship, bottom end Premiership and a few mediocre SPL players.

Ireland have a pretty poor squad compared to what they used to have but in their last game 9 players were from the Premiership, with two from Derby who are an upper end Championship team.

In Scotland's last game we had three players from the Premiership.

The Poland squad we were up against has players from the Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Le Ligue 1. We are largely comprised of second rate championship, bottom end Premiership and a few mediocre SPL players.

Ireland have a pretty poor squad compared to what they used to have but in their last game 9 players were from the Premiership, with two from Derby who are an upper end Championship team.

In Scotland's last game we had three players from the Premiership.

Absolutely correct SBS but the question leading from that is, WHY ?? Despite all the previous crisis committees and reports over the years how did it come to a situation where we field a team comprising so many second rate players ? Why is it that the stream of Scots heading south to play for , or indeed captain top flight teams has dried up ? If that can't be answered then it proves the SFA are to blame as they are the body in charge of all football played here, from schools upwards.