We really need to move past the signing of old players we're travelling down a different road now.

I've absolutely nothing against any of the players that left but see little value in any of them returning.

Totally agree FS. I am trying to think of a player we signed twice and he came back as a world beater. The only one I can think of is Millers goal spree a few years ago. This time he has been mediocre at best.

Didn't those three walk as well compo?....for more money

Covered in darkness, a time that is past ...

Generally, you would obviously look at this from two perspectives: "ability right now" and "the way they left". If both click well, why not? Yet, that happens rather rarely. Ability-wise Naismith, Davis, Aluko, and Weiss would sure do well in our current squad and at this moment and time. A whole host of other players would do not (whether still playing or not).

BTW, while he is no world-beater (which isn't something required in Scotland), I wouldn't mind having Alan Hutton here for a couple of years. Him and Tav exchanging positions on the right (full-back & right midfield) might be an interesting combination. No danger of that happening though, as Hutton has a deal at AV till 2017 (by which time he will be a very rich man, if he's not already).

Personally i thought Davis carried us for a while when we were struggling just like Wallace a few seasons back I think the only ex we'd bring back under the magic hat would be McLeod to resurrect his career only my opinion...

Personally, there's 3 or 4 I'd happily bring back.

Naismith is a top player, I'd certainly not say no, but given his performances for Everton it's unlikely he'd head up north of the border any time soon, and by the time he thinks about it, we should say no.

Aluko (and possibly Davis) were talented players that would fit into the current set up nicely I think, should the opportunity present I'd not be sad to see them back.

McLeod. Yes!

Weiss would also be a possibility but I suspect he was looked at by W+W and they decided against him so I'll defer to their better judgement!

Weiss has a contract in Arabland till 2017 or 18, and might cost quite a little. Can't say I have seen much of Aluko for these last few years (methinks he was out injured too). Davis ... has been a regular for Soton in the EPL for years now, even though others in their team take most of the plaudits (right now Mane and Pelle).