Can we embed HTML tags? Like...

<iframe width="350" height="500" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://lineupbuilder.com/350x500/?p=11&a=40303&t=&c=2100db&1=GK___388_174&2=DLL_Wallace__293_56&3=DCL_Kiernan__327_138&4=DCR_Wilson__327_211&5=DRR_Tavernier__293_292&6=DMC_Halliday__258_174&7=MCRR_Zelalem__218_226&8=MCAL_Holt__186_138&9=WL_Oduwa__116_64&10=WR_McKay__116_284&11=FCA_Waghorn__80_174&c2=ffffff&c3=ffffff&output=embed"></iframe>

...Apparently not. Can we get a facility for this?

Ah, I see HTML is turned off. Fair enough. Forget it. You can delete the thread.

Edited by Rousseau

The function for embedding HTML code in posts is turned off for security reasons mate. There's a whole bunch of reasons, but the main ones are related to stopping spammers, bots, scammers etc from posting malicious interactive content.

Can we make it so our trusted Gersnet writers do have access to HMTL as a separate usergroup?

It doesn't matter. It was just a little query, which I submitted before noticing the "HTML switch off" permission. I completely understand why. Security comes first.

Cool - I'll see about adding Rousseau to that usergroup and changing his privileges... :)

Any problems give me a shout. I can sort from my laptop later

For the unitiated what is an "Embedded HTML"?

If it's a form of sexual deviation can I have the same privilege :D

Hyper text markup language ?

Even a geek like me doesn't get turned on by that.. it allows text formatting and direct linking to external media from within the code of the post.

Back in the good old days it's what all your Web pages were wrote in. These days there are loads of entities like php/asp and now on html v5

Actually, I've done a bit more reading on it and while I trust certain users with such a facility, apparently it's seen a security risk so no HTML I'm afraid.

I don't think I could cope with that kind of responsibility anyway!