Burchill tonight

Being a man's game does not mean players can live above the law of the game. In certain things I think we should look at rugby for certain improvements. That's more a man's game but they listen to ref be he right or wrong.

...see above post :facepalm:

Just to recap for those not reading all the posts properly...

Craig said this...'akin to bullying' - what he meant was the ref getting bullied by players....

I replied...'it's a man's game' - meaning the ref is a man and can take it.

Aye sure sometimes players can go over the top at times, but earlier I mentioned 'not manhandle just shout in his face' the ref has the power to deal with those situations as he sees fit.

Being a man's game does not mean players can live above the law of the game. In certain things I think we should look at rugby for certain improvements. That's more a man's game but they listen to ref be he right or wrong.

With rugby though, players are not allowed to talk back to the referee. Only the captain can talk to the ref - and the ref talks to him if players are getting out of hand. Seems like a good system that football could follow. However, rugby does seem to be a type of game with ingrained, deliberate breaking of the rules, where the ref continually dishes out the penalties. This makes it a difficult game to referee, and that's why they've been very forward thinking with sin bins and TMO. Shame it all let us down in the world cup.

I was referring to the referee :facepalm:...they get paid well enough, a bit of flak shouldn't worry any of them.

Regardless, if its a mans game then apply it to the players as well as the officials. If you suffer a robust challenge, be man enough to allow the officials to do their job instead of hounding them.

It abhors me watching the Chelsea players swarming a ref after every tackle or decision that goes against them. Acting like a bunch of babies.

Regardless, if its a mans game then apply it to the players as well as the officials. If you suffer a robust challenge, be man enough to allow the officials to do their job instead of hounding them.

It abhors me watching the Chelsea players swarming a ref after every tackle or decision that goes against them. Acting like a bunch of babies.

Nope! Why allow the officials to 'do their job' if they make a blunder of magnitude proportions?

Players surrounding the blundering ref is acceptable in when I watch games...if a ref makes a wrong decision then it's natural for players to 'hound' him...watching as a fan I like it when players 'bicker' at the dumb ref who isn't up to the job.

Dallas on Tuesday made many errors yet our players stood by without commitment. Chelsea just moan about everything so there's no point in bringing them into the debate.

A lot of folk like to 'up' the game of rugby and try to compare it with football like 'we' should follow their standards?

Anyone else see the ref in the recent Scotland/Australia World Cup match where he 'hot footed' from the park? I'm sure you did.

Stop comparing Rugby to Football, it isn't the same apart from the referees.