Letting Scotland Know That Big Jock Knew

Don't know how many Bears know that there has been a campaign by Bears to let Scotland know that Big Jock Knew. On Craptics recent visits to Livingston and Aberdeen, local Bears have draped Big Jock Knew banners on moterway / duel-carridgeway fly overs on the outscirts / approaches to the two venues.

Ayrshire Bears also had several on the approach to Killie for our visit a few weeks back, and as of yesterday, one was still flying proudly.

Hats off to these Bears.

Cammy F

To be perfectly honest, the whole concept of this campaign doesn't really make me feel proud Cammy.

Although what happened at Celtic was a disgrace and Jock Stein's part in the cover-up shameful, I don't think child abuse is something that should really be used as some sort of oneupmanship tool.

The case was covered in the media at the time IIRC and although it's obviously swept under the carpet and largely forgotten about now, I'm not sure what value flags and banners above bridges helps Rangers.

OK BJK but who cares?

I can't be doing with it now, it had its coverage and now it's time to move on.

Surely people have better things to do with their time then go over the same subject time and time again but each to their own I suppose.

I tend to agree with Frankie and Gav.

This does nothing to put Rangers in a good light - in actual fact it makes us look distinctly juvenile. Nor does it put Celtic in a bad light, the man has been dead for 20 years so we are talking about events which happened a LONG time ago and best left alone now IMO.

Besides, is this what we, the Rangers support, have become ? Nothing more than trying to belittle Celtic or its employees ? I really would like to think that we are better - MUCH BETTER - than that !

I can't believe that we would resort to this petty point-scoring. How about those who are displaying those banners spend just a moment to think of what scars they are resurrecting for those who were subjected to the incidents themselves ?

I just don't see what purpose these displays serve all these years later.

IMO, this is the result of our club allowing so much lies, half-truths and negativity to be written about us, whilst our enemies in the press largely ignore any bad press about the yahoos.

Petty, childish yip, but where else are you likely to hear, read, find out about Timmys indescretions? Certainly not in the press. It wasn't that long ago that 2 of their players and 2 of their directors were filmed / photographed singing IRA songs in a hotel owned by an ex-IRA member at an OFFICIAL club function and it got 3 lines in most papers.

Sign of the times really.

Cammy F

Sign of the times perhaps Cammy - but where is it that it is OUR obligation to air THEIR misgivings ?

I know this opens that can of worms about biased reporting but we need to concern ourselves about OUR club and not theirs.

If anything these displays are just as likely to backfire on Rangers and the support than they are to raise awareness to what Jock Knew.

There is blatant disregard to those who suffered as well - not something we should be proud of resurfacing IMO.

Sign of the times perhaps Cammy - but where is it that it is OUR obligation to air THEIR misgivings ?

I know this opens that can of worms about biased reporting but we need to concern ourselves about OUR club and not theirs.

If anything these displays are just as likely to backfire on Rangers and the support than they are to raise awareness to what Jock Knew.

There is blatant disregard to those who suffered as well - not something we should be proud of resurfacing IMO.

Ah, now were are getting somewhere. That'll be the victims that have been called liars by Craptic employess (even although Torbett was convicted), who are still awaiting an apology from Craptic. Surely the fairminded press in this country would be pushing for this? Not a chance, they prefer to peddle the Craptic party line given by one Tommy Burns who stated that Torbett never done this and actually lied about a fictional game Torbett used to get access to his victims. Whilst Torbett was serving his sentance (3 years he served) his business was given huge contracts by, yip you've guessed it, Craptic Football Club. After his release from jail, his fellow ex-con Mosson got him a job as tourist board for Scotland - yip, thats right, a convicted peadophile is the man in charge of getting tourists to this country. If it weren't true, you couldn't make it up. BTW, you'll have not read any of that in the press, maybe its petty bringing it up tho.

If this unfortunate and horrific crime had happened at the other end of Glasgow, do you think it would have been 'forgotten about' and lets drop it for the sake of the victims? We still hear lies every day that we didn't sign Catholics until Wee MoJo, that we are Nazis, that we are ORANGE SCUM, but don't mention the child abuse.... We are expected to take moral lessons for that mhob and their lap-dos in the meeja, not for this Bear.

Glasgow Craptic - a family club? Aye Right

Cammy F

its very petty and happened years ago, i think we should just let the football do the talking instead of all this

But in this petty, shity and controlled country that we live in, football doesn't do the talking. There are people in the media and in politics that won't rest until Rangers are no more. These are the reptiles that will ignore all of Timmys bads points but will happliy tell the nation that Rangers cut their grass in the design of a sash.

Until we wake up to this, they are going to continue to get worse and soon it'll be a crime in McConnells 'One Scotland' to be a Rangers supporter.

Cammy F