Nicky Clark spends a night in the cells

I don't know why any of us should think we're in a position to judge Nicky Clark when we don't have enough information to properly form an opinion on it.

His brother might be a thug/nutter/clown or whatever, but that wouldn't mean Nicky can't treat him like the family he is and go for a night out with him.

That said, I'm not defending the lad either and I'm not so sure Mark Warburton will look too kindly on these type of headlines about one of his players.

Won't be judging him but this definitely isn't the kind of thing a Rangers player should be getting involved in, at the very least he needs to be more careful

Won't be judging him but this definitely isn't the kind of thing a Rangers player should be getting involved in, at the very least he needs to be more careful

Again, I'm not defending him, but what should we regard as worse from a football perspective: A player on a night out somehow caught with his brother who was for some unknown reason carrying a knife or players who gamble on football matches and also allegedly take drugs?

I'm not saying we should start talking about ifs and buts and pointing fingers, although it's fair to say that the Club has defended and stood by players who knowingly put themselves in considerably worse situations than this.

I don't know why any of us should think we're in a position to judge Nicky Clark when we don't have enough information to properly form an opinion on it.

His brother might be a thug/nutter/clown or whatever, but that wouldn't mean Nicky can't treat him like the family he is and go for a night out with him.

That said, I'm not defending the lad either and I'm not so sure Mark Warburton will look too kindly on these type of headlines about one of his players.

If my brother was a thug/nutter/clown, going on a night out with him would be the last thing I'd do. Thugs/nutters/clowns with alcohol in them are even bigger thugs/nutters/clowns.

If my brother was a thug/nutter/clown, going on a night out with him would be the last thing I'd do. Thugs/nutters/clowns with alcohol in them are even bigger thugs/nutters/clowns.

I did add the caveat of 'or whatever' because I have no idea if his brother is a 'thug/nutter/clown' or something else. That was essentially one of my points because I can only presume that neither you or anyone else posting on Gersnet know the full facts & story here and I certainly don't myself either.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand why you would want to be judgmental because you're a cop. It's part of your job (and maybe nature) to judge peoples' actions, but in this particular situation where you're not in a position of having to make a snap/quick judgement, would it not be prudent to give Nicky Clark the benefit of the doubt and follow the premise of 'innocent until proven guilty'?

I did add the caveat of 'or whatever' because I have no idea if his brother is a 'thug/nutter/clown' or something else. That was essentially one of my points because I can only presume that neither you or anyone else posting on Gersnet know the full facts & story here and I certainly don't myself either.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand why you would want to be judgmental because you're a cop. It's part of your job (and maybe nature) to judge peoples' actions, but in this particular situation where you're not in a position of having to make a snap/quick judgement, would it not be prudent to give Nicky Clark the benefit of the doubt and follow the premise of 'innocent until proven guilty'?

Not for me. Each to their own I suppose.

Not for me. Each to their own I suppose.

I think we've touched on this before, but anyway.... If the legal and judicial system is still essentially based around the premise of innocent until proven guilty, should the police not somehow take that into account themselves? Fair enough, the police maybe don't have an easy job at times, but it's a job which does require a degree of something we've heard a lot about very recently, namely 'common sense'.

'

I think we've touched on this before, but anyway.... If the legal and judicial system is still essentially based around the premise of innocent until proven guilty, should the police not somehow take that into account themselves? Fair enough, the police maybe don't have an easy job at times, but it's a job which does require a degree of something we've heard a lot about very recently, namely 'common sense'.

'

I'm not getting into a debate about the police but what I will say is that I have absolutely zero confidence in the crown office procurator fiscal service.

I'm not getting into a debate about the police but what I will say is that I have absolutely zero confidence in the crown office procurator fiscal service.

Some people have absolutely zero confidence in either of them Gav, so I guess you're not alone.

This is why I'm glad we do have a CPS and don't rely on police to make judicial decisions.