Nicky Clark spends a night in the cells

This is why I'm glad we do have a CPS and don't rely on police to make judicial decisions.

If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend going to a trial (doesn't need to be a serious case) and listening to the evidence and how the Sheriff, or even JP come to their decisions. Baffling doesn't come close!

If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend going to a trial (doesn't need to be a serious case) and listening to the evidence and how the Sheriff, or even JP come to their decisions. Baffling doesn't come close!

That comes across quite patronising Gazza, I know it's part of your job but don't assume a different opinion from yours comes from a place of ignorance.

I have actually been close to a case, it was only down the CPS that an erroneous case was thrown out and the conduct of the police brought to light. That took 2.5 years. 2.5 years of someone on bail for something even the police knew he didn't do.

I've seen the way the police CAN work. I'm sure you see how the CPS can work, I just hate to see a post that makes out only one side can be bad at their jobs when it's not true.

I've also seen the police at their best, just don't act like the CPS are always the bad guys

Same can be said of the Police Officers who push those cases to trial.

Defense of your profession is one thing.... Defending the indefensible is quite another.

Same can be said of the Police Officers who push those cases to trial.

Defense of your profession is one thing.... Defending the indefensible is quite another.

That's exactly the point I was making. In the case I was discussing, the Police kept pushing it forwards, even when the person who did do the crime went to station and admitted it. The reason it was pushed? the victim was the son in law of a reasonably high up officer.

In the end the case was thrown out, the CPS declined to charge anyone else & the person who was on bail for all the time got an apology.

That comes across quite patronising Gazza, I know it's part of your job but don't assume a different opinion from yours comes from a place of ignorance.

I have actually been close to a case, it was only down the CPS that an erroneous case was thrown out and the conduct of the police brought to light. That took 2.5 years. 2.5 years of someone on bail for something even the police knew he didn't do.

I've seen the way the police CAN work. I'm sure you see how the CPS can work, I just hate to see a post that makes out only one side can be bad at their jobs when it's not true.

I've also seen the police at their best, just don't act like the CPS are always the bad guys

Sorry if you thought I was being patronising, it was simply a suggestion. If nothing else, being a nosey basturt at a trial can be very interesting. Apologies.

I also know that judgements and opinions of the police formed by members of the public can be genuine and honest after a bad experience having called the police but often people hate the police because they've been given a traffic ticket for being on their phone, or been caught urinating or because they lifted their mate for fighting outside the dancing.

Not for one second do I think the police are blameless but it is my opinion that the COPFS are horrendous, especially the mob in the sherrifdom where I cover. Unorganised, lazy and under prepared doesn't come close.

And Craig, like I said above, never once have I suggested, said or thought that the police are indefensible. I know how we work, I know how the Chief Constable operates and I know the corners that are sometimes cut BUT i also know the many good things done by the police that doesn't become public knowledge but we'll always be cunts to some people because we ruin their 'fun'.

The fiscal doesn't charge anyone. A pet hate of mine is when people, usually drunks come up to me and say "I'm going to charge him for assault." No. You make the complaint and the police do the charging.

And I can believe story you made reference to Mazza. It's amazing and often embarrassing the heights a Sergeant and Inspector will jump when senior management become involved.

Edited by Gazza_8

I'm not sure about you but I wouldn't be anywhere near anybody who goes out carrying weapons.

He is nowhere near good enough to be playing for us, time to get rid.

It is possible he never knew his brother had a knife!,and you would have to assume that is the case?,if he knew then he is a total clown!.

If he knew his brother was carrying let him take any consequence coming to him but if he didn't he should disown his brother.I disowned my niece after she came to me looking for a lift home and I found out in the car that she had just been let away from the police station, after being charged for carrying a knife.I dropped her off at her home and told her never to contact me again and we have never spoken since.

Agreed that Clark does not have it to succeed at Ibrox.

Well, I assume that he did not know that his brother carried a knife (we don't know what sort of "weapon" it actually was). What is of greater concern is that he (or both) were apparently totally drunk and behaving like drunks - according to some FFers who know people who were there. That's obviously hearsay, but if true may lead to more dire consequences for Clark. After all, the code of conduct at Rangers sure has not changed under Warburton, and if it has, it sure has become more strict than before.

Essentially though, we have no verifiable news whatsoever thus far.

Edited by der Berliner