Rangers will come to regret letting in Dave King...

I've just listened to Johnny McFarlane's Fitbaw Hacks podcast featuring Roger. What stood out for me was RM's argument that as SPL CEO his job is to enact the wishes of the member clubs. Fair enough, thats still the case for Doncaster. So when we look at past events he was involved in, lets say the rejection of the Sky tv offer and the decision to explore SPL TV; this was the collective decision of the SPL member clubs, and it was Roger's job to deliver the message and try to negotiate on the SPL's behalf.

Roger's time in Scottish football was therefore constrained, and the nuance of his argument was interesting and, in my view, a reasonable one, even though I think there was a fair amount of his own view and personality stamped all over some of these decisions made collectively by the SPL at the time.

Its therefore even more interesting to see Roger only skim the surface of the facts in relation to Dave King and whether he is fit and proper. This is typical of Scottish football. Quite happy to point out the complexities and arguments for why their own actions were reasonable, but quite willing to boil down said complexities and nuance into easy Rangers-baiting soundbites when it suits.

I do wonder why he has popped back up in recent weeks. Its not a coincidence I don't think.

No doubt he surfaced now that the court case is upon our saviour has any one checked to see if he has connections with the fatman?

No such connection needed Mac. His own reasons are openly declared. This is an example of the cut of his jib ; " I expressed my own view on the Rangers saga in 2012 in both press and media. As a Celtic fan, I enjoyed immensely the demise of that club, and concluded, also publicly, that I felt that my club had clearly emerged victorious from a 120 year struggle for supremacy in Scotland. The immigrant club had won, the institutional club lay dead, in this case carried away in a liquidator’s coffin. My schadenfreude was intense. God, I’m a normal fan. "