Rangers fans set to open Ibrox shop...

How does this help Rangers ? Can someone explain?

MW needs serious money to improve the quality of the squad,particularly up front. Can this sort of thing provide it?

I doubt it will help in the short time but they can possibly give soft loans for shares.

How does this help Rangers ? Can someone explain?

MW needs serious money to improve the quality of the squad,particularly up front. Can this sort of thing provide it?

A much larger % of money spent (compared to spend on SD tat) will go towards investment in Rangers.

This investment will be a 'serious' amount of money.

It also provides a way of purchasing Rangers themed products whilst on a point of principle not wanting to feed the unacceptable fat face of British business.

If you are thinking about the January transfer window.

1. MW and FMcP will already be working on that with what budget is available and your opinion is with respect, just another fans opinion.

2. The crumbs of any monies spent on official merchandise that go to Rangers won't arrive at Ibrox for transfer window.

3. Those crumbs would hardly cover the contract of a one legged Crawford Baptie.

The re-build of the club is anything but straightforward given the ongoing legacy of the last few years.

Communication about it is limited because of gagging orders and live court cases.

We need patience, realism and for supporters to support the club, not to be easily swayed by agitators and spindoctors.

Mistakes have been made at various levels but we move on.

I doubt that the RST can just give Rangers money they made from selling Rangers related merchandise. I would imagine Asheley's legal team would be on that like a ton of bricks. I am no legal expert though.

My guess is that the RST will collate this money together with the money from their own DD scheme and either give the club a loan to be converted to shares, or wait until the share issue then buy them. Either way the benefits are two-fold; Profits from merchandise goes straight to the club in a far greater proportion than our current merchandise deal with SD, and RST also get to increase their shareholding on behalf of members/fans which while not required just now as the club is in Bears hands, may be important someway down the line if a hostile takeover is attempted. I dont see any negatives.

Video

Watch Rangers legend Ian Ferguson back RST shop as fans 'buy direct' and take a stand against Mike Ashley

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-rangers-legend-ian-ferguson-7001280

--------------------------------

Pic lifted from FF

CWB9mpZWUAAEuh9.jpg

Off topic I know, but can't believe that's in a school. It looks like Santa and the Snowman? have been hung :nuts:

Off topic I know, but can't believe that's in a school. It looks like Santa and the Snowman? have been hung :nuts:

Santa being hung :laugh:

Perhaps the Primary school children of today are enlightened and unselfishly prepared to 'take a hit'.

Santa being hung :laugh:

Perhaps the Primary school children of today are enlightened and unselfishly prepared to 'take a hit'.

First thing I noticed mate, glad I didn't take the wee man in for some regalia now, he'd a came out with a t-shirt and tears at Santa's slaughter :bouncy2: