Once in Royal David's City

If we Rangers fans were to re-write the Christmas story the 3 wise men would bring us transparency, investment and good governance instead of the traditional gold. frankincense and myrrh. In fact if gifts were at a premium we could dispense with the latter – three wise men would do fine. For there was little wisdom in evidence regarding the board’s handling of the Sports Direct loan repayment. From inappropriate choice of words, grandstanding to the press via misleading and erroneous soundbites, and a failure to properly brief the QC as to the status of the loan repayment left us with the kind of clusterfuck often associated with David Somers.

What is it with Rangers chairmen and unnecessary grandstanding soundbites ? If I had a fiver for every time a grandstanding press soundbite had come back to bite us on the arse – well let’s just say I’d have more than a tenner by now. The same book which brought us the Christmas story also gave us the warning that “Pride goeth before a fall”.

The bright star above Ibrox which heralded the removal of the previous incompetent charlatans for Rangers orientated men has certainly dimmed a little in recent weeks. Demands for good governance, but more importantly criticism when it is absent, should be consistent not dependent on whom is sitting on the board. While there were certain elements of the press, along with some anti-King elements in a variety of guises who made the most of this faux pas, let’s be honest enough to admit that this was a mess of our own making the blame for which lies fairly and squarely on the shoulders of our board and Dave King in particular.

Investment, good governance and transparency were the promises the new board heralded following their successful takeover and I hope the appointed fans reps on the board remind them that on this occasion they comprehensively failed on all 3 counts. That’s just not good enough – not by a long shot and the fact that such failure has been overseen by Rangers men, serves as an aggravator not as an excuse.

Only a fool would deny there is not a chalk and cheese difference between King & the 3 Bears and the Ashley Aide De Camps which they replaced, running of the club, and long may such differences be blatantly obvious. Let us hope the clusterfuck we witnessed over the Sports Direct repayment was very much a one off in Royal David’s City.

I'd agree that DK sometimes says more than required and sets himself and others up for future problems and unnecessary pressure.

However I'd say that what Mr.MASH/SDI are currently doing deserves the harsher spotlight and is what is really holding us back.

Wrt the recent court case. Justice Peter Smith shone that spotlight in a very knowledgable way towards Mr.MASH but we end up talking about something which had little to do with the case and was basically down to a regretable f**k-up.

This is...............Rangers...v ...MrMASH/SDI

Question tactics, Be peeved at mistakes but .............Choose your side.

Whilst I understand the sentiments on this I think that "clusterfuck" is a little OTT. I still don't think it is that big of a deal. Was the loan repaid as stated by the QC ? No. Is it being repaid ? Should be, lets hope so. Is this a mountain out of a molehill ? In my opinion, yes.

The media will grasp at straws regarding us, we have witnessed that plenty of times. Was this an error on our part ? Of course. Is it the first in business circles ? Nope. Will it be the last ? Probably not the last this month....

We expect, rightly, to hold our Club's custodians to a higher standard. But I think we are going a bit overboard with the pointing of fingers on this one.

I don't think it is that big of a deal. Unless mistaken, at the time of the QC's erroneous statement, we had repaid 4.5 mill of the 5 mill. THAT should have been a bigger story than the 500k that hadn't been repaid.

IMHO.

I'd agree that DK sometimes says more than required and sets himself and others up for future problems and unnecessary pressure.

However I'd say that what Mr.MASH/SDI are currently doing deserves the harsher spotlight and is what is really holding us back.

Wrt the recent court case. Justice Peter Smith shone that spotlight in a very knowledgable way towards Mr.MASH but we end up talking about something which had little to do with the case and was basically down to a regretable f**k-up.

This is...............Rangers...v ...MrMASH/SDI

Question tactics, Be peeved at mistakes but .............Choose your side.

It is Rangers vs Mr. Mash Buster, and poor performances wont serve us well against a very slimey and dangerous opponent.

The loan repayment statement was minor in my view. How you can go on to talk of failures in transparency and investment is beyond me. The investment is there in loans that will be converted to shares. You know that so why are you claiming otherwise. You are also aware why that will take time.

as has been said earlier on this forum "we are rebuilding with one hand tied behind our back" You also know why that is and who is responsible. Why don't you bring them to task ?

It is Rangers vs Mr. Mash Buster' date=' and poor performances wont serve us well against a very slimey and dangerous opponent.[/quote']

Yes, but ever thought of writing an investigative blog that focused on Mr.MASH and the dark strategies that threaten Rangers?

#Balance

Edited by buster.
#

The loan repayment statement was minor in my view. How you can go on to talk of failures in transparency and investment is beyond me. The investment is there in loans that will be converted to shares. You know that so why are you claiming otherwise. You are also aware why that will take time.

as has been said earlier on this forum "we are rebuilding with one hand tied behind our back" You also know why that is and who is responsible. Why don't you bring them to task ?

Transparency in some areas is difficult with gagging orders and live court cases.

Yes, but ever thought of writing an investigative blog that focused on Mr.MASH and the dark strategies that threaten Rangers?

#Balance

A national newspaper - the Guardian - appears to be doing a better job exposing MASH than I ever could.

A national newspaper - the Guardian - appears to be doing a better job exposing MASH than I ever could.

Yes' date=' but ever thought of writing an investigative blog that focused on Mr.MASH and the [b']dark strategies that threaten Rangers?[/b]