Rangers to appeal against Andy Halliday red card

Rangers will appeal the red card shown to midfielder Andy Halliday during Monday's 4-2 win over Hibernian.

The 24-year-old was ordered off in the second half of the top-of-the-table Scottish Championship game.

Halliday was alleged to have aimed a kick at Fraser Fyvie before the Hibs midfielder clutched his face after the two players came together.

Manager Mark Warburton said he did not wish to comment further while the appeals process is ongoing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35195166

Ah!,so now the BBC are saying it was for aiming a kick!,was it a kung fu kick when the cheat Fyfie was holding his face?,you can see the ref never reacted until he saw Fyfie holding his face!,think we can guess the result of any appeal!

The ref must have told Halliday,and the management, what he sent him off for!

P.S. Is the site running very slow for everyone else?,or just me?,it's taking ages to load

Edited by ian1964

Fyvie clips his right heel from behind, a foul no doubt, a bad foul perhaps, possibly deserving a yellow card, but not the worst you'll ever see.

Halliday kicks out, again not the worst kick you'll ever see but a kick nonetheless and a red card almost certainly; compounded by his further aggressive motion towards the Hibs player. The aggressive action alone would probably have been a yellow card, in fact both might have been yellow carded at that point.

From the referee's position it looks like ahead butt, confirmed by Fyvie's reaction.

So in the referee's mind for sure it's a certain red probably reported as a kick AND a head butt.

Objectively, either the kick out or the shoulder action would merit a yellow, taken together they might constitute a red.

Fyvie should be charged and banned for simulating injury a la Kyle Lafferty.

I doubt Halliday will get off because the kick is quite blatant. However, if it's seen as a "kicking gesture" then it might be downgraded to a yellow; but with the shoulder charge, it may be seen as a red all the same.

I would have preferred MW to come out and say that whilst Halliday was fouled he should not have recated in that way and could easily have cost the team one or two points and will be fined accordingly.

Fyvie clips his right heel from behind, a foul no doubt, a bad foul perhaps, possibly deserving a yellow card, but not the worst you'll ever see.

Halliday kicks out, again not the worst kick you'll ever see but a kick nonetheless and a red card almost certainly; compounded by his further aggressive motion towards the Hibs player. The aggressive action alone would probably have been a yellow card, in fact both might have been yellow carded at that point.

From the referee's position it looks like ahead butt, confirmed by Fyvie's reaction.

So in the referee's mind for sure it's a certain red probably reported as a kick AND a head butt.

Objectively, either the kick out or the shoulder action would merit a yellow, taken together they might constitute a red.

Fyvie should be charged and banned for simulating injury a la Kyle Lafferty.

I doubt Halliday will get off because the kick is quite blatant. However, if it's seen as a "kicking gesture" then it might be downgraded to a yellow; but with the shoulder charge, it may be seen as a red all the same.

I would have preferred MW to come out and say that whilst Halliday was fouled he should not have recated in that way and could easily have cost the team one or two points and will be fined accordingly.

I can't disagree in principle but I doubt he wants to do anything to take away the confidence boost of the win so I doubt if I would do that. Rather call him to my office and give him a rap across the fingers and then a wee cuddle and tell him to get his arse out on the training ground. I think Warburton is someone who will back his players through thick an thin,

If the ref had been doing his job properly from the start then this incident would have probably been avoided!,he was never in control of the game and let things go when he should have got a grip of the Hibs antics,the Hibs players were given a free hand to continually niggle,kick our players,then there were a few dives and an incredible tackle on Wallace,which was far worse than anything Halliday did,kicking the ball away and not being yellow carded which is a yellow card by the rule book.

And even after Fyvie clearly cheated him and his manager are quite happy to Blame Halliday,and that shows the class of Stubbs and their rancid wee club.

When the QOTS player Lyle got sent off for a head butt our manager was very quick to defend him as it was hand bags,class.