Rangers could face punishment over sectarian chanting

Every photo shows "Ready", none show "Aye Ready" so I don't think it is incumbent on the "Ready" lads to prove anything, rather the reverse.

I 'remember' seeing "Aye Ready" too, btw, but I've come to accept it is - like so many memories - probably a false one.

I am one who remains convinced that Rangers motto was indeed Aye Ready. I remember badges with that in my youth.

Robert McElroy clarified this on another website. Rangers’ motto has officially been ‘Ready’ now for over 40 years. Originally the Rangers motto was ‘Aye Work Awa’ which was then changed to ‘Ready, Aye Ready’, subsequently shortened to ‘Aye Ready’ and finally in 1966 to ‘Ready’. The change in 1966 was explained as being a modernising move, but in fact it was so that the crest could be legally incorporated.

http://www.scottishleague.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1004

The badges you remember, young fellow, are the badges of the RFCSA.

Thanks for the compliment, Scott.

I can't argue with you on that although I was never a member of an RSC and am convinced I had a badge with such a motto in the late 50's or early 60's.

However, this has been hotly debated many times in the past and is a bit adrfit from the OP; which subject is now being addressed in new threads.

Thanks for the compliment, Scott.

I can't argue with you on that although I was never a member of an RSC and am convinced I had a badge with such a motto in the late 50's or early 60's.

However, this has been hotly debated many times in the past and is a bit adrfit from the OP; which subject is now being addressed in new threads.

If we are of that age BH we all had those badges in our youth. It doesn't change the fact that the crests on the side of the main stand have never said anything but "Ready". Mr McElroy himself was largely responsible for keeping the myth of "Aye Ready" going up until just a few years ago.

Even if they have no agenda (no laughing at the back), heinous comments and statements like the one aired yesterday by Scrote and Co. should see BBC Scotland banned from Ibrox for the rest of the season. They can't help it, are not willing to learn or even pretend to be impartial.

Edited by der Berliner

That BBC report last night was shockingly poor and they even quoted Nil By Mouth. I just don't understand how the club continues to give them access when their reporting is so one-sided.

Part of the problem is that every other club in Scotland seems to have a section of their support who are absolutely obsessed with us and help to push this sort of agenda regardless of what our own club has tried to do about it. Its gone way past the point where there's any hope of achieving a fair debate on this (and other subjects) and I wish the club would take "no one likes us and we don't care" attitude, grow a pair and just tell everyone where to go.

Of course, the irony is that most clubs in Scotland have suffered since we were demoted and can't wait to have us back up so they can milk our fans and boost their own coffers.

Scottish football stinks really and the last few years have really shown up many other fans for what they are with their obsession and parochial views.

Have they discussed the Celtic sectarian singing yet? I know the BBC haven't highlighted it. I don't watch BBC Scotland much but had it on last night and when I heard Rangers being mentioned the first thing I said was I'll bet you it's a really negative and biased story, and it was.

You would think any decent Scottish media outlet would be praising how loyal, in huge numbers, the Rangers supporters are,how we have been battered from pillar to post and stayed loyal and played a massive part in our revival?, a fan base any club in the world would be proud of,there really is a great story there for any real journalist to print.

Whenever I speak to English fans they are amazed at the Rangers fans,they often can't believe the size of our support even when at the very bottom of Scottish football.

I suppose that doesn't suit the agenda driven press in Scotland.