Green, Whyte et al hearings thread (Aberdeen 21st Jan: 10am)

Was an interesting enough morning even though it was nearly all taken up by legal arguments.

Would really like to expand but Frankie would just have to delete it.

Don't wish to get Frankie into trouble or myself held in contempt but most of all give the defendants the opportunity to claim prejudice.

I'll just add there were about half a dozen Bears there and all behaviour was exemplary.

Was an interesting enough morning even though it was nearly all taken up by legal arguments.

Would really like to expand but Frankie would just have to delete it.

Don't wish to get Frankie into trouble or myself held in contempt but most of all give the defendants the opportunity to claim prejudice.

I'll just add there were about half a dozen Bears there and all behaviour was exemplary.

Completely understandable FS, and more importantly the absolutely right thing to do because we should give the defendants absolutely no room for maneuvering out of the charges on technicalities.

Obviously a little envious at you being there to garner the information but retaining it to yourself is clearly the only course you should take.

If you reported factually and gave no opinion then I'm not sure how they could claim prejudice. Court cases are reported on all the time.

However I guess from your contempt comment that you were instructed by the judge not to comment?

Edited by Bluedell

If you reported factually and gave no opinion then I'm not sure how they could claim prejudice. Court cases are reported on all the time.

However I guess from your contempt comment that you were instructed by the judge not to comment?

The last thing the Judge did was to remind everyone present in court that the restrictions previously imposed in this case are still valid and read out his original statement regarding this leaving everybody in absolutely no doubt where they stood.

Having been there I fully understand the reasoning behind the decision and as much as I'd like to report what I heard I have to agree with the Judge, I don't really think he can realistically do anything else at present.

As you'll no doubt be aware this is a very, very complicated case and appears to be even more so than I initially thought.

I'll watch out for the news reports and if I feel I can safely add anything to them then I will.

The last thing the Judge did was to remind everyone present in court that the restrictions previously imposed in this case are still valid and read out his original statement regarding this leaving everybody in absolutely no doubt where they stood.

Having been there I fully understand the reasoning behind the decision and as much as I'd like to report what I heard I have to agree with the Judge, I don't really think he can realistically do anything else at present.

As you'll no doubt be aware this is a very, very complicated case and appears to be even more so than I initially thought.

I'll watch out for the news reports and if I feel I can safely add anything to them then I will.

And also determine if said report is breaking the restrictions set out by the judge!

fs, you are not obliged to say anything but anything you do say will be taken down in pencil, rubbed out, altered and used in evidence against you. I think that's how it goes.

Best leave it to the press but if you read anything wrong you would be entitled to say that in your belief it is inaccurate without giving reasons. Your loyal readership here will know whom to trust.